We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pella Apartments

Which Gouves hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Pella Apartments

Hello,

Before I go anywhere I like to get a feel of the place and note how far away certain places are. Google maps is normally excellent for this. However I cannot find the Pella Apartments on Google maps. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how far away (and in what direction) we are from the best restaurants and tavernas in the area? Also are we far from the Cretaquarium? In the youtube videos, it is difficult to tell where Pella is.

Thanks in Advance,

Lou :)

Edinburgh, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pella Apartments

Oh and the nearest water park? Ta!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pella Apartments

If you look at the map of Gouves, you will see 2 harbour areas, more or less next to each other. Pella is in between those 2 harbours.

It's more or less by the 'C' in St. Constantine main title on this map:

http://tinyurl.com/ntnr7fe

(Incidentally, like many places on google maps, St Constantine isn't where it says...)

You can see Cretaquarium marked on the map as well. It's an easy walk along the sea front and through the (now derelict) remains of the old USAF base.

Go the other way for what I consider to be the best restaurants. Walk to the small chapel on the sea front then turn inland for Philipos, about 100m on the right, 12-15 minutes walk in all, or carry on along the sea front past the 2 sandy coves and turn inland at the Island hotel for Skorpios, about 100m inland again, 20 mins or maybe a bit more. If you carry on up that road there are plenty more highly recommended places such as Medusa.

Much nearer to 'home' there is the Gefseis grill house for a great gyros. Go right from Pella, turn inland at the river bed at the end of the harbour, follow the road round to the left on to the main street, and Gefseis is on the left, 2 doors before the crossroads in the centre of the village, more or less opposite Baraki bar, and not to be confused with the burger place actually on the corner at the crossroads!

Nearest waterpark is Watercity, in the hills above Kokkini Hani.

http://www.watercity.gr/en/

A great day out.

Edited: 13 August 2014, 10:22
Birmingham
Level Contributor
297 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pella Apartments

I would also recommend the Mylos restaurant which is after the Skorpios restaurant mentioned above, just carry on up the road inland. Closer to where you are staying and on the main street of Gouves is the Acropolis restaurant - not as far up as Gefseis. I can recommend a pita gyros whenever you are out and about. Its a round pitta bread with salad, chips and pork kebab meat and is very tasty, a complete meal in itself and quite cheap too. I usually have one everyday for lunch when on my holidays!

Edinburgh, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pella Apartments

As ever Steve you are a fountain of knowledge! Thanks guys :)

In Kos we had a travel cashcard thing. and there was only 1 cash machine which was empty a lot which was a nightmare. We were hoping to take one again but only use it 2-3 times - are there cash machines?

2 weeks tomorrow - I have excitement butterflies haha!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pella Apartments

Yes, there are cash machines - but for the life of me I can't remember where! I'm pretty sure there's one somewhere on the front near the first of the 2 sandy coves towards the east of the resort. I'm also pretty sure there is at least one on the main street.

Edinburgh, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pella Apartments

That's great - thank you :)

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pella Apartments

There is a cash point on the main street it is outside a supermarket. I never had a problem with it being empty

8. Re: Pella Apartments

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Gouves
Recent Conversations