We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nosara, Costa Rica restaurants

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Danville, California
Level Contributor
198 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Nosara, Costa Rica restaurants

Good Morning! I saw a "review" of Cafe de Paris. Are there other recent experiences with restaurants in Nosara! We'll be there next week! VagabundaLoca

North Carolina
Level Contributor
532 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nosara, Costa Rica restaurants

No question you need to go to Lagarta Lodge to have dinner one night whenever the sky is clear - and stay to watch the sun go down over the ocean. Fantastic views, you will likely go back again.

Playa Pelada has a couple of restaurants right at the beach - Olga's is a typical lunch place (and rustic might be a polite description - good location through) - more importantly there is a great restaurant just about 200 feet away called La Luna that should be on your list (great at night, lots of candlelight)

For a good, inexpensive Tipco (typical CR) option, drive into the town of Nosara (assuming you are actually staying in Playa Guiones by the ocean) and eat at the restaurant beside the church. Good place for breakfast or lunch.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
198 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nosara, Costa Rica restaurants

We'll try them. Thank you! --VagabundaLoca

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nosara, Costa Rica restaurants

I spent 3 nights in Nosara at Gilded Iguana a few years ago and ate at a few of the restuarants

Gilded Iguana - skip their breakfast but they make a decent lunch and even better dinners. It's a good place to drink with local expats

Cafe de Paris - my wife had a really good chicken sandwich on freshly baked bread (I saw the bread come out of the oven). I was still full from breakfast so I just had a coke.

Marlin Bill’s - we only stoped by to check out their dinner menu. The choices looked good but expensive. The cheapest thing on the menu was $16 so we decided to skil it.

Soda Tica - located near Café de Paris and Marlin Bills. Best soda in town. I had a really good $3 breakfast of gallo pinto, eggs, and some really good coffee.

Olga’s - the only restaurant thats right on the beach. Yes, like the other poster said, it's definately "rustic" but the food is pretty decent and super cheap. The ladies who run the place dont speak much english but they are super friendly

Robin’s Ice Cream - located near Café de Paris is some of the BEST ice cream I've ever had!

Harbor Reef - we ate breakfast there - excelent huevos rancheros. The restaurant is right next to the shaded pool with a swim up bar. The hotel looked like a really nice place to stay.

San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nosara, Costa Rica restaurants

I was just about to tell you about Harbor Reef as another option...

I don't know what's there about or so different about the sunsets in Nosara, but they're definitely some of the most beautiful I've ever seen....

5. Re: Nosara, Costa Rica restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 05:16