We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Case Memphis I

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Central Penna
Level Contributor
155 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Case Memphis I

Hi all, anyone familiar with this property? I have it booked for June, and am curious whats in the general area, and how far it is from the downtown & places to eat. Any help is appreciated.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Case Memphis I

I am familiar with this property, as I pass by it every time I walk to the beach from my home in Pelada. It's a very private area. There is a road that passes in front of the house that you can drive right up to the sand, but it's not well known, so not many cars go there. The shared pool at the condo complex next door is very nice, and since June is low season, you may have the pool to yourself, or close to it.

There are now five restaurants in the area. Olga's (a tico beach bar) and La Luna (American/Mediterranean) are a close walk down the beach..maybe 3 minutes. You can also drive to them in a couple minutes. There is a new restaurant in the area, also a couple minutes away. They just reopened so I'm not sure what the name is now...it used to be called the Red Lion. I only looked and ordered off the pizza menu so I'm not sure what else they have, but the pizza was good! Around the corner from there is Pancho's Mexican Food. A favorite of us 'locals'. And finally, up the hill about 5 minutes is the spectacular Lagarta Lodge. A wonderful sunset view and excellent food and service. The most expensive of these restaurants, but worth it!

There used to be a mini market at Pancho's but its closed, so the closest market will be 10-15 minutes away towards the town of Nosara.

Hope this helps you!

Central Penna
Level Contributor
155 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Case Memphis I

Allylam..thanks alot for the great info. I see you can rent atv for the week, are you permitted to use them on the streets? Could we get food ec..t on the atv rather than using our rental car? I was looking at Monkey Quads site, are they a reputable business? Lastly, are the rip current bad in the area of our rental? Thanks again

Dan

Wales
Level Contributor
78 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Case Memphis I

Hi, we have stayed at this villa for 3 years on the run over Christmas time. We love the location which is close to a lovely beach, great for sunbathing, beach combing and watching the sunset. You do have to be careful in the sea but my family went swimming and there were people of all ages were in the sea. We also loved all the walking we were able to do from the villa, from the beach through the jungle and up the road past Lagarta to the river mouth. We regularly saw monkeys, armadillo, iguana and lots of birds. The pool at the complex behind is nice to use too and there is a gate from the back yard to get to this. Tiffany the property manager is really friendly and helpful too. I am sure you will have a great time.

Central Penna
Level Contributor
155 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Case Memphis I

Thanks very much for the review, I feel good knowing that you had a nice time there. Did you ever have any security concerns? I have been told this is a nice safe area. Thanks again

Wales
Level Contributor
78 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Case Memphis I

We didn't have any worries but we always took the owners advice to lock the gate at night, lock the front door if I was reading (snoozing) in the back yard and there is a huge safe for all of your valuables. We did have a pair of flip flops taken off the beach which had been left unattended when we were off surfing - totally our fault! It really is a lovely quiet area and we felt totally safe there.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Case Memphis I

Hi Dan,

I 'm glad you found someone who has stayed at this house and see that you've had many of you questions answered.

As for ATV rental, I think that has been covered recently as well, but will say that they are street legal. You would need to have some sort of bungee cord to strap down groceries as the rental ATV's don't have baskets to put things in. Or if you don't buy much, just keep the bags in your lap or around your wrist. Monkey Quads is very reputable. Been around for a long, long time and I have no problem recommending them!

Central Penna
Level Contributor
155 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Case Memphis I

Thanks to all of you, this really settles any fears that I had....June is just around the corner. Pura Vida!

8. Re: Case Memphis I

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 10:18