We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV riding on the street?

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Central Penna
Level Contributor
155 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
ATV riding on the street?

I see many sites offering daily and weekly rental of atv's in Nosara. Can you drive them on the streets, say to get groceries or to go eat ? I have read you can't ride them on the beach, which makes sense, I'm just curiouswhat the local police say about atv's on roads.

Also, are there trails in the area that you can explore on your own without intruding on someones private property? In advance, thanks Ally!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV riding on the street?

What streets? Most all dirt/gravel roads, perfect for ATV's. And yes they are street legal.

Central Penna
Level Contributor
155 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV riding on the street?

YAHOO fun time has arrived...thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATV riding on the street?

Wear your helmet please!

roadadvisor

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATV riding on the street?

Yes, you can ride atv's in the street and yes they are legal. It's a lot of fun, but is very dusty in the dry season! Please don't go too fast, I've seen so many people hurt and even killed by slipping on the 'dirt/gravel' roads trying to pass cars, etc. And yes, do wear a helmet. At times, the traffic cops will be around and will ticket you if not wearing a helmet. There are plenty of areas that you can ride around...basically, if the trail is clear, you can ride on it...all the way up the coast! Have fun!

5. Re: ATV riding on the street?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 10:19