We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 5 in late November

fort myers beach,fl
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Family of 5 in late November

I have been reading and reading here and have found so much helpful information. We are from Souith Florida, first trip to CR and have my husband (grew up surfing in the panhandle), myself, my six yr old daughter and two teenage boys (14 and 16). The boys are loving to surf but we dont have that much to work with here. We are looking for a safe place to stay(mid price range) as close to the beach as possible so the guys can surf every minute possible. It's not easy to narrow down the places that are actually closest to surfing beach. Any input would be terrific!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 5 in late November

Samara and Nosara...better surfing around Nosara...and some great places to drive around like Ostional beach to see the turtles...

Of course TAMARINDO beach is one of the best places for surfers...

roadadvisor

Samara
Level Contributor
845 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 5 in late November

Hi gweber,

Samara is a great place for families and although Samara can be considered a beginners surfing beach, there are other beaches around that have bigger waves and are not very far away.

Have fun!

fort myers beach,fl
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of 5 in late November

Anyone have personal input on either of these places? Need to make a decision soon and are still undecided. We want to be in Nosara in the K section, very near surf, 2 adults and two teen boys and a 6 y.o. girl. Boys want to do nothing but surf! Mom wants safety!

Casa Concha

surfingnosara.com/nosara-vacations/nosara-re…

Casa Olaje

surfingnosara.com/nosara-vacations/nosara-re…

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of 5 in late November

Try Rich at surfingnosara.com for possible house rental or Nosara Paradise Rentals. Or, write JoEllen at the Gilded Iguana if you want an inexpensive hotel with a pool and restaurant that is very, very close to the beach and other basic amenities. She may offer great discount if you can pay with cash (no 13% tax and 1 free night if staying a week).

I have been going down to Costa Rica for the past 13 years and have pretty much explored and stayed in all areas. Samara is a little more developed for shopping but I always return to Nosara and Playa Guiones. It's arguably my favorite spot on the planet.

I usually rent a car but they are expensive. If flying into Liberia you can save a little money by setting up your shuttle from the airport beforehand through Nosara Paradise rentals.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of 5 in late November

Try Rich at surfingnosara.com for possible house rental or Nosara Paradise Rentals. Or, write JoEllen at the Gilded Iguana if you want an inexpensive hotel with a pool and restaurant that is very, very close to the beach and other basic amenities. She may offer great discount if you can pay with cash (no 13% tax and 1 free night if staying a week).

I have been going down to Costa Rica for the past 13 years and have pretty much explored and stayed in all areas. Samara is a little more developed for shopping but I always return to Nosara and Playa Guiones. It's arguably my favorite spot on the planet.

I usually rent a car but they are expensive. If flying into Liberia you can save a little money by setting up your shuttle from the airport beforehand through Nosara Paradise rentals.

6. Re: Family of 5 in late November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 14:19