We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to stay in Nosara near bus stop

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
place to stay in Nosara near bus stop

I want to stay in Nosara for one night but I noticed that all (if not most) of the hotels/hostels are near the shore and so, it costs at least $15 one way via taxi to get to the hostels/hotels after i get off the bus. Do you know of any nice and budget-friendly hostel/hotel that's close by the bus stop?

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place to stay in Nosara near bus stop

There are a couple places near the main stop in 'downtown' Nosara that look like they might be okay. I have not known anyone who stayed around there so I can't say how great they are....but they look 'okay'. I'm sure you would need to know Spanish.

Why are you only staying one night? You could get the bus to let you off at Café Paris in Guiones and make your way to Nosara Beach Hostel, about a 15-20 minute walk...or try to hitch a ride....then hitch a ride to the bus stop the next morning. It's a small town, people hitch a lot around here.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place to stay in Nosara near bus stop

!00% agree with Allylam, have driver drop you off at entrance to Guiones, much more and better lodging options for you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: place to stay in Nosara near bus stop

I only have one night in my schedule to be in Nosara. I'm hoping to catch the arribada, so it all depends if the turtles will be there . I'm taking the 6:30pm bus into Nosara. Do you know if it'll be dark by then? cause if its too dark, I might just take a taxi from there. How far away is the Cafe Paris stop from 'downtown' Nosara?

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place to stay in Nosara near bus stop

It will be dark by 6 pm, you don't have to go into downtown to go to Cafe de Paris, ask driver to stop a Playa Guiones entrance, Cafe de Paris is just across road. If you are planning to go to Ostional your only night in Nosara, make sure you make arrangements for a tour.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: place to stay in Nosara near bus stop

It's about another 10-15 minutes into 'town' from Café Paris.

You can try to contact Nosara Beach Hostel and see if someone could pick you up at Café Paris, and ask about a tour to see the turtles.

http://nosarahostel.com/

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: place to stay in Nosara near bus stop

Here is the information for the cabinas near the 'downtown' bus stop.

I had a friend check it out for me while she was running around today and this is what she says:

The Cabinas are called; Cabinas Dilan, 12,000 for one person...16,000 for two

T.V., A/C, WiFi .... I looked in the rooms, tile floors, good bathrooms, white sheets and towels...very clean

No website...phone 2682 0371 cell...8863 4841

The cabinas and Soda Vanessa are owned by the same woman, Sonya.

Keep in mind that I don't think they would be able to help you with a turtle tour.

Good luck!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: place to stay in Nosara near bus stop

thanks everyone. I've decided to stay in Ostional. I heard the arribada should be around the time I'll be there. Im thinking of going one day early. Do you know if I stop at Playa Guiones, if there will be taxis around the area I can take into Ostional or should I just get off at downtown Nosara to get a taxi?

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: place to stay in Nosara near bus stop

Taxi's are few in Nosara. If that is your mode of transportation I would catch a taxi at the bus station, as that is where they will be.

DeLand, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: place to stay in Nosara near bus stop

Geez only one day at the most beautiful place in the world...hmmm I would change other plans..and stay a month.

10. Re: place to stay in Nosara near bus stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 06:21