We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I get to Nosara from San Jose?

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY, NY
Level Contributor
33 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How can I get to Nosara from San Jose?

Please tell me of both cheapest and easiest ways to travel from San Jose to Nosara. many thanks.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I get to Nosara from San Jose?

Public bus, http://www.empresaalfaro.com/ will take you to Nosara from san Jose.

Port Saint Lucie...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I get to Nosara from San Jose?

Easiest.....Limo Dan.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,112 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I get to Nosara from San Jose?

Nothing easier and cheaper than public bus….deal with drivers that have a C2 lisence…no C2 find somebody else…and hopefully the vehicles register by ICT…

roadadvisor

Wellington, Florida
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I get to Nosara from San Jose?

Just got to Nosara yesterday from San Jose . It was a long and treacherous drive( towards the end). I just found out about a plane that goes from San Jose to Nosara daily. It's Nature Air airlines, very inexpensive too, 45 min. Good luck!

Wellington, Florida
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How can I get to Nosara from San Jose?

Just got to Nosara yesterday from San Jose . It was a long and treacherous drive( towards the end). I just found out about a plane that goes from San Jose to Nosara daily. It's Nature Air airlines, very inexpensive too, 45 min. Good luck!

Wellington, Florida
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How can I get to Nosara from San Jose?

Wellington, Florida
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How can I get to Nosara from San Jose?

Camarillo...
Level Contributor
50 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How can I get to Nosara from San Jose?

A shuttle/taxi service is $250. from SJ. (I own a property in Nosara) Nature Air will probably cost you that same amount round trip, but you cannot have a lot of luggage. My property manager recently flew on them one way to Nosara for $80., but they did not have big suit cases. Bus is by far the least expensive. You might be able to take the bus to Samara, and then get a shuttle/taxi to Nosara, it will be much cheaper, and you wont have to go on a bus on the dirt road part, and be taken directly to where you are staying. Be very careful when talking with shuttle/taxi drivers, don't give out too much information, and keep your valuables hidden...Costa Rica is a third world country.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How can I get to Nosara from San Jose?

What Trisha is talking about when she mentions "shuttle/taxi" is a private shuttle or private driver. And given that she lives in Nosara which, at the moment, is a hotbed of crime, I can understand her comments at the end. (Costa Rica is not a third world country, by the way but there are a lot of problems in Nosara right now.)

There are some alternatives: public bus, shared van shuttle, domestic flights, private driver (private shuttle) listed roughly in order of cost. The public bus is the least expensive and is pretty easy, all in all. If you are flying into SJO, you can get a bus for Nosara at a nearby bus station in Alajuela (the airport is in Alajuela, not San Jose) known as La Radial. Buses going north from San Jose top here. If you are actually in San Jose, you can get the bus there, of course. www.thebusschedule.com/cr/

For shared van shuttle, www.interbusonline.com and www.anywherecostarica.com click on transportation. The shared van shuttle provides hotel to hotel transfers for around $50, more or less, depending on location, of course. They go on fixed schedules.

For a private driver, you can figure on $200-$250 and he will be waiting for you at the airport and will whisk you to Nosara and to your lodging there.

For flights, check Nature Air airlines. Their flight schedules are dependent on the season with fewer flights in "Low" (rainy) season. Right now, I saw flights from San Jose to Nosara the third week of July for various prices -- $141, $106 and $78 -- for the various fare classes. (The $78 one has strict requirements for luggage - only 15 pounds and 10 pounds carry on or you pay for extra baggage.) These are not the "final" prices - some charges are added on so the final costs will be more.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
256 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How can I get to Nosara from San Jose?

Just a question is why is Nosara "a hotbed of crime". We are planning on four days in Nosara in August - what's going on? Thanks.