We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nosara in September

Which Nosara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
8 posts
Save Topic
Nosara in September

I was planning on visiting this area in September 18-21 . I noticed that most of the hotels that I am looking are closed. If I find a location will there be things to do in/around the area? Will the drive from Monteverde be ok? I know weather is unpredictable and that it is in the rainy season but will there be things to do and a chance of good weather? I was planning on Monteverde for 2 days Arenal/Fortuna for 3 days and somewhere on the coast for 3-4 days any recommendations?

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nosara in September

in general weather is nice in the morning, almost guaranteed rain in the afternoon. roads are not great when dry, when wet could be problematic but I'll defer to those who live there on that question.

Driving from Monteverde to Nosara is pretty much a double-helping of physical punishment.

NYC
Level Contributor
138 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nosara in September

We drove from Arenal to Nosara in July. Not so bad. Monteverde is closer I think.

Upon leaving Arenal, and on our way, we stopped for the morning at Proyecto Asis, an animal sanctuary. This was one of the highlights of our many trips to CR - an outstanding experience if you love animals and especially dream of monkeys climbing all over you. (You need reservations).

I guess it was maybe a 6 hour drive. Stopped for lunch, etc. No big deal though. But it didn't rain at all.

Nosara is one of our favorite places of all in Costa Rica. Have been there 3 times. Do you know where you are staying?

8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nosara in September

Thanks I still havent quite decided between Nosara and Samara yet. If you have recommendations between the two and hotels to check out I would appreciate it. This trip is being labeled as an adventure trip.......guess the driving may play a large role :)

Charlotte, North...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Nosara in September

I am renting a house off of 160 (?), in Nosara, in September and not too concerned about afternoon showers as I am just looking to get away from the hustle of the US. However, I do want to make sure that there the beach is an actual option at this time of year as I am an avid surfer. Any further info would be greatly appreciated.

john

Edited: 04 July 2014, 17:09
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nosara in September

I would read this thread so you don't have any surprises: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g656474-i12862-k43…

As for surfing -- September isn't too bad and you can time your surfing expeditions "between the showers" - or just ignore them. Typically, the strongest showers will be later in the afternoon. I mean, you're already wet, right? Of course, thunderstorms would be a whole 'nother thang.

6. Re: Nosara in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2015, 06:17