We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you swim in the Sea in September?

Which Polichrono hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
118 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Can you swim in the Sea in September?

Hi

We going for a week in September large family with babies. Can you still swim in the sea in this time? If not do they have common swimming pool there we could use as our villa doesnt have it.

Any ideas for activities there ?

Thanks

J

6 replies to this topic
Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
4,262 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you swim in the Sea in September?

The sea in Greece is perfect for swimming in September as it has had all summer to warm up.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you swim in the Sea in September?

If tou are going in the beginning of September it will be fine.Towards the end of the month it may be quite chilly.

Grigoris

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you swim in the Sea in September?

Water temperature should be just beautiful in September. You have to be really really unlucky , and that would mean rains storms in the end of August or beginning of September, in order for the water to be cool . This is a bit unlikely, so I am sure you'll perfectly enjoy the waters .

London
Level Contributor
118 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you swim in the Sea in September?

Hi Everyone

How nice of you to answer. Yes you just said what I was thinking It might be. To be honest we cant wait to come. I have been previous in Thessaloniki just for a day or two but never decided stay near by for Holiday. If it will be successful we just going to be there every year. We going to stay in one of Villas in Polichrono. Do you have there activities center such as to play voleyball or pool? Is there a place to go with babies?

Thank you for support.

J

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
765 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you swim in the Sea in September?

Polichrono is a nice town with a few things to do. I am sure I recall a couple of beach volley nets at a couple of beachs bars at Polychrono, whose names I can't recall now unfortunately. Regarding the pools that you are asking, there is not a common/public pool if this is what you mean. After all you'll be situated next to crystal clear waters , why would you need a pool? But if you are definitely after it, I am sure that you'll be able to use some big hotels' pools, probably by having to pay something or order a drink for each person that will be there.

I hope that you first visit at Halkidiki will be successful indeed. Try to remember though that Halkidiki is a pretty wide area with so many things to see and do. I hope that you'll make it to return for the next years as well, and be able to explore as much as possible of it. I am personally sure you'll love it!!

Regards,

Giannis

London
Level Contributor
118 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you swim in the Sea in September?

Hi

Thanks its a good tip for using hotel pools. I have twin one year old babies.I havent been with them yet swmimg on the sea only in swimming pool where we feel comfortable thats why im interested. thanks again

J

Reply to: Can you swim in the Sea in September?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Polichrono