We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Orvieto to FCO and overnight hotel.

Which Fiumicino hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hollywood,Fl
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Orvieto to FCO and overnight hotel.

Hi, I would appreciate any information or suggestions for the following. We will be in Umbria prior to catching a September 10 flight at noon out of FCO. I would prefer to arrive the day/night before and relax at a hotel close to the airport. We are staying with friends in Umbria and they can take us to any train station nearby. Train schedules, hotel suggestions, transportation to/from hotel, etc would be welcome. Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,053 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Orvieto to FCO and overnight hotel.

I would urge you to spend the night in Rome. Staying *near* FCO airport is really no more convenient than staying in central Rome. If you really want to be at FCO, stay at the Hilton which is *at* the airport.

For train times, see www.trenitalia.com clicking on the UK flag to change to English and looking for trains from Orvieto to Fiumicino Aeroporto or Roma Termini.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Orvieto to FCO and overnight hotel.

We have experienced the dinner at Pinzimonio restaurant and the overnight at the Best Western Riviera hotel both in Fiumicino. Would do that again

( see our reviews ).

Hollywood,Fl
Level Contributor
13 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Orvieto to FCO and overnight hotel.

Thank you for your replies. We have just received info from our Italian friends that recent guests traveled by train from Orvieto to Fiumicino. Trains about every 2 hours with a change in Rome. Total travel time approx. 2 hours. Also found a highly rated, inexpensive hotel/B&B on TA (Amelindo Fiumicino Airport Residence) with free shuttle to and from FCO. It is our preference to stay in Fiumicino the afternoon before our flight home, walk down by the beach, have a relaxing dinner, and a no stress connection at the airport. This follows a 3-week trip in Italy and France. Having been to Rome many times, this is what we prefer. I will post any cliches should they occur. Again, thank you for your responses. Always appreciate input.

4. Re: Train from Orvieto to FCO and overnight hotel.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:17