We have a trip planned to Italy (first time!). Itinerary is:
Day 1 - 4
- land Fiumicino airport early morning
- train to Rome
- 4 days and nights in Rome
Day 5 - 6
- train to Fiumicino
- hire car
- drive to Sperlonga
- 2 days and nights in Sperlonga
- drive back to Fiumicino for pm flight
Hope someone can help me fill in some gaps:
1) on our drive to Sperlonga is there any must see attraction to visit en route?
2) is there a nice / preferred scenic route to take? (rather than just the shortest Google maps route?)
3) We want to leave Sperlonga with enough time to spare on day 7 (to avoid any incidents that could make us miss our flight). If we set of early is there anything we could visit on our way back? A nice lake or view, or something historic?
Hope someone can help!!