We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from San Vito Lo Capo to Trapani and Castellemmare

Which San Vito lo Capo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
10 posts
Save Topic
Transport from San Vito Lo Capo to Trapani and Castellemmare

Hi,

Change of plan we are now looking to stay at the le palme di conturrana apartments but are concerned about the transportation to and from Lo capo. Just wodering is there buses,taxis or trains that a regular from here to trapani?

Richard

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,574 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Transport from San Vito Lo Capo to Trapani and Castellemmare

Late transfers are always more expensive, but TrapaniTransfert had quoted a price of €70 for 5 people with an arrival at 20.30. The same trip for two passengers was quoted at €50.

http://www.trapanitransfert.it/

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,574 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Transport from San Vito Lo Capo to Trapani and Castellemmare

See their rates have gone up!

http://www.trapanitransfert.it/preventivo.asp

Vagabonda

Leiria, Portugal
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transport from San Vito Lo Capo to Trapani and Castellemmare

Strange about the rates on the Trapani Transfer website as I emailed them and they quoted me 80 euro one way for 1 - 4 persons last month.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,574 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Transport from San Vito Lo Capo to Trapani and Castellemmare

It's really best to call and talk to a person and firmly set the rate prior to arrival - This is Sicily!

I was quoted a different rate by phone as well.

Buona Fortuna!

Vagabonda

Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Transport from San Vito Lo Capo to Trapani and Castellemmare

We stayed at the Palme di Conturrana Tropicale apartments last year (I've just submitted a review) and booked the airport shuttle through them. They quoted us a price of 130 Euro return for 2 adults and 2 children. When we arrived back at the airport (with a different driver thankfully) the driver told us the price was 150 Euro.

The driver who collected us from the airport was a danger to us and anyone else on the road that night. He was definitely under the influence of something and a couple of times he almost fell asleep at the wheel. It was without a doubt the most frightening experience of my life. We had requested child car seats - they were not in the car. Not a great start to our holiday.

When we found the taxi company office a couple of days later to complain they told us that driver had been sacked. The driver who brought us back to the airport was a sensible middle aged man who drove carefully and the child car seats were in the car. When you see the road from Trapani airport to San Vito in daylight you will understand why you want a careful driver at the wheel!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,574 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Transport from San Vito Lo Capo to Trapani and Castellemmare

That sound absolutely frightening elderlemonIreland - Do you recall the company's name?

Thank you very much for submitting a hotel review - It's very much appreciated!

And it's a good point to remind fellow travellers to always request child car seats in advance if needed.

Curiosity got the best of me and I just called TrapaniTransfer.

TrapaniTransfert:

http://www.trapanitransfert.it/contatti.htm

333-71.11.058

Transfer rates from Birgi to San Vito Lo Capo are the same throughout the year.

Two people would cost 70 euros, with rates rising to 80 euros at 22.00.

Four people would cost 80 euros with rates rising to 90 euros after 22.00.

Vagabonda

Ireland
Level Contributor
31 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Transport from San Vito Lo Capo to Trapani and Castellemmare

Yes I know the name of the company but not sure I should post it here. They have sacked this driver - although he may be working for some other taxi company in San Vito now!!! They were very apologetic when we told them of our bad experience so I don't really want to name the company now that he no longer works there. It's not any of the taxi companies mentioned in this topic so far.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
95,574 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Transport from San Vito Lo Capo to Trapani and Castellemmare

Understandable elderlemonIreland - And very considerate of you.

Vagabonda

19. Re: Transport from San Vito Lo Capo to Trapani and Castellemmare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about San Vito lo Capo