We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A romantic restaurant?

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
A romantic restaurant?

Hi,

I am looking for a nice romantic restaurant to go to in the Costa da Caparica area, please? We don"t mind travelling 10 miles or so out, either way.

We like seafood, Italian, Thai or Japanese. It"s our wedding anniversary, so would like something a bit special with a lovely view over the sea or river.

Many thanks for any help!!

5 replies to this topic
Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,169 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A romantic restaurant?

I like "Amarra o Tejo", fantastic views over Lisboa, especially at sunset. Site only in portuguese http://www.amarraotejo.pt/

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A romantic restaurant?

Hi 64novpt, Thank you! Have you been there? I have a friend who went there and said the fish was delicious but the meat wasn"t up to much!!?

Are there no restaurants near the sea/beach?

Thank you for your help.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A romantic restaurant?

i can advise you Atira-te Ao Rio, near Almada, with an amazing sight to South part of Lisbon.

The pictures at tripadvisor speaks about them... :-) tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g189158-d6… .

By the way, have a nice Wedding Celebration! Congratulations.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
20,169 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A romantic restaurant?

I've been there several times, but in fact I've allways choosed fish. You have several restaurants/bars at Costa da Caparica by the beach, I don't find them very romantic (too big), but probably if I had to choose one I would say Kontiki.

I usually don't recomend "Atira-te ao Rio" just because if the river it's on it's low tide the smell "kills" any romance.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A romantic restaurant?

Thank you 64novpt! Is this the restaurant/bar?

http://www.kontikibar.com/

Thank you also FT M, the smell could be off putting, I admit! Have you been there?

Reply to: A romantic restaurant?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa da Caparica