We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Video: 40 minutes at Dragon Cay, Mudjin Harbor

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
956 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Video: 40 minutes at Dragon Cay, Mudjin Harbor

Arguably one of the most beautiful places in TCI would be looking at Dragon Cay in Mudjin Harbor. I knew when I got back to the negative temperatures here in Chicago, I'd want to look at something besides the cold and snow, so I took a nice 40 minute video of the Dragon. You'll see my wife and I swim out to visit the Dragon in the video, and I already miss him (we named him Rocky.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM9NquFVM-g

I hope you enjoy the view and sounds as much as I do right now, it's -2F here in Chicago.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Video: 40 minutes at Dragon Cay, Mudjin Harbor

Our 3 young daughters call him "Conchy". DR. JIM

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Video: 40 minutes at Dragon Cay, Mudjin Harbor

That was really cool! Was it hard to swim out to Dragon Cay? Is it over your head? It looks like something only a strong swimmer should attempt...

Thanks for sharing!

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
956 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Video: 40 minutes at Dragon Cay, Mudjin Harbor

Not hard at all. I didn't even take my glasses off, and I can't see much without them so I wouldn't risk losing them (although of course I travel with a spare just in case.) It's a cool location because even on the days when the waves are coming in, like the day we took the video, they are coming from both sides. So if a wave is coming, just go with it, because another one will come the other way soon after and carry you the other direction. The deepest part will take you up to about your neck, no worries. And everyone should talk to the dragon, ask him life questions, he will give you the life changing answers you need.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Video: 40 minutes at Dragon Cay, Mudjin Harbor

Great shot!

I could play this on my laptop. and take a nap.

Thanks for posting,

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Video: 40 minutes at Dragon Cay, Mudjin Harbor

Thanks so much for posting; I've enjoyed your videos, this one in particular. We plan an excursion to Middle Caicos and Mudjin in July. But I don't think I'll be swimming to the Dragon - at 5'2 "up to my neck" is a little close for me - I don't even like the deep end of my pool :)

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
956 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Video: 40 minutes at Dragon Cay, Mudjin Harbor

Oh I'm sure you'll visit the Dragon if you've enjoyed the video. He'll speak to you once you get there and invite you over. Don't be afraid, he's a very kind and understanding creature. You may not see it very well in the video, but if you can, you'll see my wife and I dancing with the Dragon once we swim out to him. He is magical. This was not our first time visiting him and will not be the last. He will change your life, so make time in your trip to speak to him for a while ;-)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Video: 40 minutes at Dragon Cay, Mudjin Harbor

Lola, you can actually walk out to the "dragon" when it's low tide. I have to agree with the O.P, it's possibly the prettiest beach in the T&C..

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,694 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Video: 40 minutes at Dragon Cay, Mudjin Harbor

In Virginia, we can't handle the cold!

I really needed that!

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,669 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Video: 40 minutes at Dragon Cay, Mudjin Harbor

Can't wait to get there and take in that beautiful beach; and I will be ready to walk to the dragon!! Thanks!!

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Video: 40 minutes at Dragon Cay, Mudjin Harbor

Thanks for posting...I too, could just leave this running on my computer and close my eyes to pretend I was there. My boys enjoyed watching it. Last year my 9-year-old and I walked out to the Dragon. He thought it was so cool. But the tide was coming in, so it was a bit freaky for him going back. I look forward to going again in a few weeks! Love all the videos!!