We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What am I forgetting?

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,943 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
What am I forgetting?

One week til we leave for Salt Cay...can't say we need to get away from the cold as it is 80 degrees here. We DO need to escape the crowds. Florida is inundated with folks escaping the frigid temps up North! Can't wait to be on an island without stoplights and honking horns!

Time to get the packing list done as we'll be busy leading up to our departure..

Steaks, coffee, spices, cheeses,smoked salmon, capers, peanut butter from home.

Sunscreens, bug repellant, bike light, small flashlight, cameras, snorkel/dive gear, sunglasses, flip flops, keen sandals, zip locs for so many reasons, aluminum foil, neosporin,spray benadryl, aspirin, collapsible coolers (med for groceries, small for biking to beach) minimal clothing! Books and one "tablet" to stay somewhat "in touch. Woolite to rinse out clothes.

We overnight in Provo so will hope to grab some fresh veggies there along with crackers, bread/bagels, sliced meats etc, hot sauce, half n half, butter at IGA. Maybe a bottle of rum and some frozen juice concentrate. Plan to enjoy breakfasts some snacks and maybe 2 dinners at Vistas. Want to do conch night and rib night at Coral Reef, a meal or two at Pat's and a few at Island Thyme. Plenty of drinks out and about.

We are hoping to avoid becoming Zookeepers but no promises ;-)

Debbie is stocking 2 cases of beer, one case of water and Nettie's bread. Now I know i'm forgetting something....but what? Any advice happily accepted. Seems like a lot for a 10 day trip but we will lv behind what we don't use. I think we should have planned a longer stay!

Edited: 03 March 2014, 22:08
JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,943 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What am I forgetting?

Lest anyone think I've lost it...CASH and checks to settle up upon departure are on the list! Tea bags and sugar as well ;- )

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What am I forgetting?

I thought I was the only one that packed smoked salmon and capers!

Don't forget to buy carrots while in Provo to share with the donkeys!

Enjoy SC!!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What am I forgetting?

Yum, smoked salmon and capers! Glad you reminded me to bring those on our next trip! :-)

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,943 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What am I forgetting?

Got the idea from Maca's post! Hope I can get red onion on Provo....that's a great life. Sitting on the deck enjoying fresh coffee, smoked salmon with cream cheese, capers, onion and tomatoe on a toasted bagel! Watching for the whales, Almost as good as a cold beer and conch salad later in the day! Carrots, noted.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What am I forgetting?

Glad I was able to help out with the smoked salmon suggestion!

No issues with finding red onions at the IGA. Enjoy!

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What am I forgetting?

Binoculars. DR. JIM

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
10,943 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What am I forgetting?

OH good one! They are usually on the list right by cameras! Thanks we could have forgotten them. Got some nice lightweight ones for Costa Rica bird and wildlife spotting at Christmas, this trip they will be used more for whales! Thanks

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What am I forgetting?

If you are doing laundry during your stay, don't forget those 2-in-1 laundry sheets. Hat?

Come back and leave us a trip report on Salt Cay, don't get a lot of those.

Indianoplace
Level Contributor
257 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What am I forgetting?

obxpat,

So jealous! I LOVE SALT CAY. Don't forget your nuts if you like nuts! Oh, and my rabbit-ear wine opener just stays in my suitcase.

Have fun and soak up the sun for me, please!

Safe travels!

Sunny

10. Re: What am I forgetting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2016, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Salt Cay
More Salt Cay Topics