We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to stay along Aegean coast please

somerset
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
place to stay along Aegean coast please

Hi,

Have been looking at this area for a holiday. We like traditional seaside rather than butlins abroad. Would like it by the sea but also more like a fishing village , winding roads, etc.

Where would you suggest?

Local travel agent suggested Turunc, Dalyan, Calis and poss Olu Deniz but said that would be a bit more lively.

Not interested in Night clubs just nice restaurants , beach front etc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,808 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place to stay along Aegean coast please

as you have asked for a quietish place, with a beach ..then here are my ideas for you..

..if you are flying into the Dalaman airport..then Dalyan would be a great choice ...If flying into the airport at Antalya it sounds like Cirali would be the perfect place for you to relax and inwind... Cirali is a small village located about 1 hours drive southwest from Antalya ( 1.5 hrs from the Antalya airport ) and boasts a beautiful secluded 4 km beach, the ruins of Olympos, the flames of the Chimeara, as well as a protected area by the WWF for the nesting of the Caretta sea turtles.

No mass tourism or 5 star hotels. Small shops, quiet bars, restaurants, and no discos. It is more of a place for nature lovers and chilling out. ..

also you can look at my photos for ideas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

however if you are looking for last minute deals on line or in travel brochures..you wont find Cirali in any of those travel brochures...there are no holiday companies or package tours to Cirali or at least I have not heard of any. The reason why is that Cirali is a small village and does not have the bed capacity of the larger resort towns like Kemer, Antalya, Side, Marmaris etc etc. But that's what makes Cirali so special !!! It is protected by the WWF and limits the amount development in the area.

It is not over crowded with 5 star hotels or loud bars etc. Just a nice place to have a quiet holiday. Most if not all travellers to Cirali book their own flights and acommdations directly with Cirali hotels or pansiyons.

I think it is best described in an article from the travel.timesonline.co.uk from last year..

4 CIRALI, TURKEY

Far from the package-holiday hordes, Turkey has dozens of pristine beaches, among the finest of which is Cirali, a long stretch of fine white sand at the mouth of a towering canyon. The beach, an easy walk from the ruined city of Olympos, is a protected nesting ground for loggerhead turtles. After dark, lights on the shore are extinguished so as not to confuse the hatching babies. On a moonless night, the view of the Milky Way is phenomenal.

You’ll find no banana boats or disco bars at Cirali, just a perfect two-mile beach lapped by clear blue water, and walking trails that will take you into the drama of the surrounding coastal mountains.

other alternatives would be Kas

I am sure that other members can also offer up some useful advise :=)

where ever you go enjoy and have a wonderful holiday in Turkey

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,632 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place to stay along Aegean coast please

I would suggest looking at Gumusluk on the Bodrum peninsula, it s a lovely little resort, very traditional, nice beach and lots of lovley fish restaurants.

somerset
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place to stay along Aegean coast please

Thanks for your help!

Both destinations look wonderful if it was just me and my husband but we will have a child with us........................

Can you recommend any areas on that coast that have hotels? We don't want a resort with fun and games and loud music all day but we would want a swimming pool and be able to walk into the village / town on an evening and wander through the streets.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

scotland
Destination Expert
for Kusadasi
Level Contributor
3,088 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place to stay along Aegean coast please

Have a look at Guzelcamli, it is on the edge of the Dilek National Park, has lovely beaches and is quite quiet.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g1567591-Guzelcaml…

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,632 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: place to stay along Aegean coast please

Have a look at Bitez then, it has a lovely beach, a pedestrianised sea front where all the restaurants are and some very good small hotels and apartments.

It is very child friendly there too.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: place to stay along Aegean coast please

hi i agree the bodrum peninsula is lovely been to quite afew of the small resorts gurmasluk yallikavak ortakent turkbuku and this year trying torba and they are all very nice and are not very far from bodrum on the dolmus if you fancy a bit of shopping. hope this helps . what ever you choose have a fab time

7. Re: place to stay along Aegean coast please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 13:18