We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What shoes are needed for beaches?

Sydney
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
What shoes are needed for beaches?

We are heading to Turkey for 3 weeks in early Sept. we are from Australia where our beaches are mostly sandy and require no shoes for walking on the beach or swimming. Would welcome any comments on what type of shoes we would need for the beaches and swimming in Turkey (and Croatia). We are travelling by car from Istanbul to Antalya with 4 nights on a gullet. Thanks

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What shoes are needed for beaches?

In Antalya you will definitely need jelly shoes for the beach. Last time I swam in Antalya my feet were bleeding from the sharp stones there. They sell the shoes at the beach.

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,291 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What shoes are needed for beaches?

And the beaches can get very hot underfoot. The jelly shoes Angela suggests are very cheap.

When I went to Croatia many years ago admittedly shoes were needed for swimming in the sea as there were lots of rocks and urchins. So once bought at least they'll be useful.

3. Re: What shoes are needed for beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Turkish Aegean Coast