We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 nights on the coast

Level Contributor
369 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
10 nights on the coast

Hi All,

After landing in Istanbul, we will transfer to fly either starting in Kusadasi and ending in Antalya or the other way around. Does it matter?

More importantly, I'm trying to figure out where to stay. I don't want to be rushed. The only reason to stay in a hotel for one night only is if it will be a base - but mostly I like to settle in for 3 nights and do day trips.

How many days do you think each town warrants or is there a different suggestion? Here's an itinerary from our travel agent, but I don't like it. I think we should probably skip Bodrum and stay more days elsewhere - maybe less in Kusadasi. What do we like to do? We like to drive into towns and have lunch and do some shopping. We like to drive the coast and see the view. We like time at the hotel by a pool to relax. We're not beach people though we love looking at it!

Any suggestions would be very welcome. I'd be grateful.

Jul 02: Arrival at Istanbul airport / Meet our representative-Delivery of all needed documents (hotel vouchers and tickets) / Flight tickets to Izmir airport / Arrival / Transfer to hotel in Kusadasi.

Jul 02-05: 3 night accommodation in Kusadasi.

Jul 05: Pick up from the hotel and transfer to Bodrum / Meet with your husband.

Jul 05-07: 2 night accommodation in Bodrum.

Jul 07: Pick up car, outside your hotel, Ford Focus or similar / Drive to Fethiye.

Jul 07-08: 1 night accommodation in Fethiye.

Jul 08-09: 1 night accommodation in Kas.

Jul 09-12: 3 night accommodation in Antalya.

Jul 12: Drop off car at Antalya’s airport / Flight tickets to Cappadocia via Istanbul / Arrival / Transfer to your hotel.

Jul 12-15: 3 night accommodation in Cappadocia.

Jul 15: Transfer to Cappadocia airport / Flight tickets to Istanbul / Arrival / Transfer to your hotel.

Jul 15-19: 4 night accommodation in Istanbul.

Jul 19: Transfer to Istanbul airport for the flight to Greece.

We may also arrange the itinerary with Antalya first and then the car rental to Kas, Fethiye and finally to Kusadasi making it valid as follows:

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 nights on the coast

since you sent me a private message I thought I would also post my answer here

arrive Istanbul fly direct to Izmir..rent a car there and drive to Selcuk ( 2 nights ) drive to Pamukkale ( 1 night ) drive to Fethiye ( 2 nights ) continue to Kas ( 2 nights ) then drive to Cirali ( 2 nights ) drive to Antalya ( 1 or 2 nights ) drop the car back at the antalya airport and fly to Kayseri..

BTW..you dont need a travel agent to organize this trip for you..you can plan this entire trip yourselves and it will be less costly..many other travellers do this all the time

my suggestions would be Cirali..for 2 or 3 nights..beautiful sea, Olympos ruins, mystical flames of the Chimaera just to name a few..plus otehr nearby sites to explore such as Phaselis

If you are looking for a small resort you could look at Cirali as a quiet alternative....stunning beach, lush forests..an idyllic, concrete-free paradise, and sparkling clear seas. The Cirali Beach is also a rare opportunity to visit one of the Med’s few remaining nesting sites for loggerhead turtles.

Cirali ( Çıralı ) is a very lovely and unspoilt area...with Olimpos Roman ruins scattered in a pine forest, a secluded 4km non-touristy beach, fertile fields, and the Chimaera, the world's oldest and best-known natural "eternal flame". Also a natural nesting-ground for carretta carretta (loggerhead turtles).

This is the Chimaera or Yanartaş as it is know in Turkish .....Yanartaş - The mystical flames at the Chimaera. The Chimaera, a series of flames issuing out of cracks in the bare hillside, is one of the most unusual sites in the whole of Lycia.

check out these photos here; http://tinyurl.com/mo7fr6r

then go to Kas for 2 nights..then the Fethiye area..then Selcuk...I would avoid Kusadasi as it is also very touristy..and a major cruise ships port.

or if you wish to extend your time in Cirali and Kas then skip the Fethiye area and go to Pamukkale and then Selcuk

then from Izmir you can fly to either Cappadocia or back to Istanbul..

you dont need a tour operator to see these sites yourself..rent a car and drive along the coast and you can visit as many as you like

Ancient Cities of Lycian Civilization ( .UNESCO World Heritage Sites - Date of Submission: 06/02/2009 )

Major cities of this federation were Patara (being the capital city), Xanthos, Pinara, Olympos, Myra and Tlos which had three votes later joined Phaselis.

Lycian civilization only existed in this part of the world and Anatolia

hope this helps a bit

2. Re: 10 nights on the coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 05:19