We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too indesicive!?

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
651 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Too indesicive!?

I'm on the verge of booking a holiday to turkey for 5 of us in August and everytime I decide on an area I have a doubt! We like plenty to do through day, a hotel near the action, shops and restaurants and bars at night with entertainment on and a bit dance with music for when we have had a few too many!

Decided marmaris but been told it's very big and hectic, olu deniz is too quiet for us and icmeler I between so can't decide! Just want a nice relaxing week with lots of shopping and plenty bars at night but still somewhere niceetc of anyone catches my drift!!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,176 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too indesicive!?

Hi

Side sounds like it might be worth you taking a look at !

Seems to have most of what your looking for !

You do not mention what type of hotel your after and if you want All Inclusive or HB ?

The Barut Hemera is a lovely hotel and been renovated over winter and the Barut Arum where you have the option to go HB as well as All inclusive .

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,071 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too indesicive!?

I agree with Toady - Side is the place to be - just 50 minutes from Antalya aırport - Side has the 2nd longest sandy beach in all of Turkey - lots of bars shops and restaurants - an active amphitheatre - Apollo Temple where Anthony and Cleopatra fell in love - a pretty little harbour - a Saturday market - a promenade that goes on for miles and miles along the coastal path.

Barut Hemera - Barut Arum - or Sentido Perissia are all fabulous hotels right on the beach and next to the promenade.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,686 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too indesicive!?

You could also look at Gumbet, it is lively but nowhere near as big and hectic as Marmaris but there is plenty to do; shops, restaurants, bars with entertainment etc.

4. Re: Too indesicive!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2015, 06:17