We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average Prices. Eating out Turkey

Birmingham, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Average Prices. Eating out Turkey

Hi,

I am considering visited Turkey this year for the first time (instead of Greece). Can anyone help me out with an idea of prices for eating out? i.e cost of a beer, wine, cocktail, average cost of a meal? Are any resorts cheaper than others?

Thanks

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Average Prices. Eating out Turkey

,Hi Jason,

Sorry no one has not yet answered your post

plenty of great beaches on the med.

www.turkeytravelplanner.com/special/beach/

bestbeachesinturkey.com/best-beaches-in-anta…

telegraph.co.uk/travel/bestbeaches/7634792/B…

a few places come to mind...perhaps Dalyan, Cirali, Patara and Side just to mention a few.

some of the best beaches are from Antalya - Fethiye

worldreviewer.com/info/best-beach-turkey.html

many factors will determine which resort you wish to visit first being which airport to fly into. Dalaman, Antalya, or Bodrum

If you are looking for a small resort you could look at Cirali as a quiet alternative....stunning beach, lush forests..an idyllic, concrete-free paradise, and sparkling clear seas. The Cirali Beach is also a rare opportunity to visit one of the Med’s few remaining nesting sites for loggerhead turtles.

Depending on where you take your meals, the cost of meals in Turkey varies

Eating out is often very good value and many locals do so frequently. The cheapest sit-down meals are to be found in establishments which do not serve alcohol ,

you’ll often pay considerably more in resorts not so frequented by Turkish tourists. like the big package tourism resorts for example here in Antalya prices are higher than the little resort of Cirali. I often have paid 10-12 liras for a beer ( 30CC - ML ) here in Antaya whereas in Cirali a bottle of 50ml is around 7-10 liras

expect to pay around 5-7 liras for turkish starters and appeziters ..but also this can get much higher as well depending on what you order

these are averages prices for smaller resorts and depending on what you order as the prices can vary

lunches from around 7-10 - about 20 liras

dinners around 15 liras and up for main dishes

cola and soft drinks around 4 liras and up

wine by the glass around 9/10 liras and up

Meals in Turkey are not expensive., Fish dishes are however on average more expensive than other types of dish. They are often sold by the weight in Kilos

Costs are lowest in eastern Anatolia, and Cappadocia, Selçuk, Pamukkale and Cirali / Olympos still offer bargain prices. Prices are highest in İstanbul, İzmir, Ankara and the touristy coastal cities and towns

You can see my photos of Cirali and the historicals sights in and around Antalya plus other places in Turkey at these pages;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets

hope this helps a bit to get you started in planning

2. Re: Average Prices. Eating out Turkey

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Turkish Aegean Coast