We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insurance Warning

wigan
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Insurance Warning

BE WARNED

Just received my written insurance policy from Holiday Safe to find that there "written" policy is different to there "online policy" for exactly the same policy, so having thought I would be covered for Ash cloud pre departure it would appear after a discussion over the phone it only covers ash cloud cancellation once you have checked into airport in addition to that another important update that does not appear in the online version is that should you be claiming "if you are unable to go on your trip" cover is only provided if "you are not claiming if your accommodation was booked as part of a package holiday" .

Seems remarkable to me that the online and written versions differ but there you go a lesson learnt get policies in written format and read the small print.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Insurance Warning

Dear Neil M,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber Howard and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise if the documentation that you have received appears to be different from that published on our website. I have looked into this and can only put this down to human error in the posting of the documentation, as it appears that a slightly older version of the policy was issued to you, for which I offer my most sincere apologies.

Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that package holidays are covered under our travel insurance policies, and I am very sorry for any confusion caused.

Please be assured that, in the event of a claim, we would certainly take this into consideration and, if the wording was different, we would assess the claim based upon the version that was most advantageous to you.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies, and if you would like to discuss this or our cover for natural disasters further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk.

Kind regards,

Amber.

wigan
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insurance Warning

Amber H

That being the case if it is an older version why does the PDF document and the PRINTED postal document bear the same document number and date being " RTVHS40001- A & B" both being produced in November 2013 as clearly marked on the front cover?

They are clearly SUPPOSED to be the same documents produced cleary at the same time.

You explanation of either being an earlier document is not true as they clearly bear the same policy number.

How would you go onto explain you public apologies?

Incidentally its not a case of (as stated by yourself) IF the wording was differnt it clearly IS different, precluding package holidays in one version and not the other is a clear difference.

I have provided you scans via email of the written version as your representative who contacted me found it "difficult" to obtain them?

Edited: 02 September 2014, 17:38
wigan
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Insurance Warning

Coincidentally how is it you have managed to send me a private email to my email account used to set up my insurance (now cancelled) ?

Have you accessed my private insurance file obtained my email address without prior Data Protection procedures being applied?

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Insurance Warning

Dear Neil M,

Just a quick note to let you know that I have replied to your email.

Kind regards,

Amber.

wigan
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Insurance Warning

Yes and I shall direct all future correspondence to the FSO/OMBUDSMEN as your replies to my private email address are not satisfactory.

Your 10% discount on future insurance is insulting, all I wanted was what i thought I was informed via PDF THAT I bought?

The advisor on a following call made it perfectly clear I could not have what i had read hence them being the advisor that canceled the policy.

I the customer fail to see what YOU THE BRAND MANAGER has to add?

It is obvious to me the customer having experienced your customer service and your brand that it is in my opinion and experince your lacking in every quarter to say the least.

YOU HAVE NO BRAND UNLESS YOU HAVE A SATISFIED CUSTOMER BASE !!!!!

6. Re: Insurance Warning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 05:15