We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDC questions - going in 2 weeks!

West Coast
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
RDC questions - going in 2 weeks!

Thanks to everyone who posts on the forum.. found a wealth of info and it is much appreciated... have questions but will try not to aks ones that others have answered.

We love quiet in the night ..so we think we are going to ask for Building 6. How far is it exactly from everything..someone mentioned across a road? Is this really important..we cant stand noise at sleepy time..

Other question... how hard/easy is is to go sailing? Do they have both sail boats and the catamaran?

DO folks suggest eating inside or outside the Italien a la carte at this time of year?I read in the summer the AC inside is really nice..but March is not as hot?

Do you need to take your own beach towels for day trips?

Has anyone rented a car for a day to drive up to punta mita and sayulita and explore around. We always rent on the mayan side so we are not scared to drive ..and saw a company in Bucerias called Gecko...has anyone used them? Any thoughts on these questions much appreciate..Kate

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
806 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDC questions - going in 2 weeks!

Hi Kate

We are going in three weeks to RDC, our 4th visit. Haven't been there in a few years, but here's what I can tell you: We love block 5 (with the adult pool)and have never been bothered by noise, so block 6 should be quiet too. The 'road' that you cross is more like a driveway, not far at all. Maybe a 3 min. walk to the ocean through lush lawns and garden. You'll love it. (And it's also beautiful at night!)

Sailing - you can line up in the a.m. (are you a morning person??) and put your name on a list to go out on the free catamaran. The staff will sail the boat and you sit back and enjoy. Just a short 15 min. ride but it's fun. Or you can hop in your own kayak. There's parasailing too. Be sure to play on the boogie boards, they're a hoot.

Eating inside/outside? Why not do both?

Beach towels: I wouldn't take them off the resort, as you have to pay for them if you lose them. I always take my own slightly thinner beach towel. Also good for 'marking' your lawn chair. Makes it easier to spot your own chair on the way back from the bar!

We love day trips, and hop on the local bus. Punta de Mita was about 30 min. (approx. $1 each). We plan to visit Sayulita on the local bus this time, slightly longer drive I understand. That's part of the fun. Personally I wouldn't rent a car, the roads are very busy and fast. I'd be nervous, don't need the hassle of a fender bender. But there are car rental agencies if you so choose.

Have a great time.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RDC questions - going in 2 weeks!

We were there in the middle of February. I'll answer the questions I can:

Best block for quiet is 5 or 6. Definately not 3 (where we stayed). 5 & 6 aren't really that far away from anything.

Eating outside at the Italian was nicer. Inside was very noisy, especially if there are big groups of people.

Have fun!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: RDC questions - going in 2 weeks!

the answers above are very complete. the only one unanswered is " how is "gecko". they are great. very well respected, but if you want a car from them, they are often out of inventory. I suggest to book ahead. They are straightforward and honest.

if you choose to forego the rental, the buses are great, and go to the places that you mentioned with regular interval. I'd opt that way personally.

good luck

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
345 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDC questions - going in 2 weeks!

We were in Block 6, loved it very quite. The only noise I heard over 2 weeks was road noise, from the highway, starting at about 6am. I Overheard a conversation, people asking to be moved from Block 5 because they heard the disco until 3am. We had stayed in block 5 on a previous visit and didn't hear it. I guess it depends on the room.

5. Re: RDC questions - going in 2 weeks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias
Recent Conversations