We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to swim with the dolphins- best deal

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alexandria, KY
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
where to swim with the dolphins- best deal

We are staying at the RDC 2nd week of April and we want to swim with dolphins. Does anyone know the best place to swim with the dolphins? Best price and most time with dolphin. Thanks for any info.

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
293 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to swim with the dolphins- best deal

You can book your adventure with Vallarta Adventures.

The swim is in Nuevo and there is a lot of info on the Vallarta Adventure site.

Just had guests leave our B&B that did the swim and loved it.

Sandi

colorado
Level Contributor
356 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to swim with the dolphins- best deal

I have been to PV a few times, and in the early morning - probably before 10ish, people go out in their kayaks (i'm sure RDC would have them for guests), go out a ways in the bay, and the dolphins find you - you can sit there and watch them swim around you, or jump out of your kayak and just swim near your boat. Early morning is best - waters calm and they are always out there playing. Saw it a few times, heard guests say they had them around their kayaks. Gotta be better than the canned swim in a fish tank with dolphins experience! Haven't done it myself, but plan to in the next few weeks. The earlier the better though, as far as I can tell.

Alexandria, KY
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to swim with the dolphins- best deal

I have read about Scotts best tours which is located in Bucerias. Can anyone give me info on them?

About getting in the bay and swimming with dolphins out of my kayak. This may sound dumb but wouldn't that be dangerous? I would love to go out and have them swim with me but I will admit. I am a little afraid of the unkown. Would there be any sharks possibly around?

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where to swim with the dolphins- best deal

Scotts pretty good with giving you the best price, and he's honest about which ones are good or not.

You can find him at www.vallartatraveladvisor.com

colorado
Level Contributor
356 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to swim with the dolphins- best deal

The dolphins actually protect the bay from sharks.

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
293 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to swim with the dolphins- best deal

Choose Scott's Tours they are recognized by trip visor.

Another good one is Gecko Car Rental on the highway, they offer discounts and are very reputable.

Beware of Belushi's which has a new location right outside of the Decameron Hotel. They have a sign that shows TRIP ADVISOR...they are NOT associated with trip advisor. They are TIME SHARE.

Alexandria, KY
Level Contributor
53 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to swim with the dolphins- best deal

One last question. If we were going to book, should we wait until we arrive or do it online? Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Portland, OR
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: where to swim with the dolphins- best deal

If your going to book something with Scott, you can always e-mail him on his website with that question.

He's very honest and will treat you good.

OMAHA NE
Level Contributor
323 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to swim with the dolphins- best deal

Funinsun79...

We accidently met Scott at his shop about 3-1/2 weeks ago. Spent over an hour listening to his stories and suckin' up his knowledge.

Very low key, knowledgable and honest. I wish I could look everyone in the eye that I do business with over the Internet.

He is a great supporter of TripAdvisor.

OPT

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
969 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: where to swim with the dolphins- best deal

My advice on the contact with the dolphins is that if you intend on making personal contact that you book a tour that provides trained dolphins. Your choices are through two different trained captive dolphin swim operations here in vallarta. Swimming in the middle of a school of dolphins in the wild I would suggest focusing on that tour on a non contact and educational basis and recommend an adventure with an eco tourism agency that provides proximity,photo opportunities and education. We have a favorite non captive dolphin tour with one of Mexcios premiere wild life photographers Eduardo Lugo

who has published photos worldwid,including National Geogrpahic and a host of other leading publishers. Just jumping off a kayak into a school., I would suggeststaying in your kayak. In spite of the fact that dolphins have a friendly,playful and they are friendly but big.,agile and fast and hopping into a feeding frenzy may be unwise,

In terms of the best deal on a captive swim there are two parks in Nuevo Vallarta. There are moderate price differences but only within a few dollars. If you want the big show and a huge waterpark for a family experience,including shows and use of an 18 acre waterpark and dolphin,sea lion and tropical birdshows then I would suggest the water park, If you want to skip all that you can just go to the adventures dolphins swim and forget the side shows and waterslides. Since I am fortunate enough to be a tour broker I have done both tours twice and myself and my family had a great time on both tours including dolphins in the wild which involved no physical contact at all. In all cases the dolphins seemed happy and playful so its up to you.

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias