We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult Pool at Decameron

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Adult Pool at Decameron

This area is quickly becoming very un- quiet and very un- adult.

Been there many times and this year was very loud and drunk compared to the past.

Barf in the pool one day ! Not kids, just drunks, had to close the pool.

Footballs, frisbees etc.

The beach was much quiter.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adult Pool at Decameron

Really depends on the crowd present the week you are there. Have been there when its very quiet and other times very rowdy, can even change during the same week. I believe it is designated adults only pool....doesn't say quiet pool.

Illinois
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adult Pool at Decameron

We go down every August and stay in block 5 by the adult pool. There sometimes are groups of younger adults at the pool, but they have been very well behaved and very quiet.I hope it is like that again this year.

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adult Pool at Decameron

HI Mexalberta, we found other pools to be much more pleasant than the adult pool! The day you saw Darryl and I we were coming back from the pool at block 6, which even though there were children was much more nicer, not too rowdy and seemed cleaner too.

We only got into the adult pool one time the entire week.

Fort Wayne
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Adult Pool at Decameron

If you look through the user posted pictures, there is one that shows the sign for the adult pool, "QUIET POOL ONLY FOR ADULTS".

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Adult Pool at Decameron

I totally agree with Alberta-traveller it depends on the crowd that is there.

School or spring breaks, national holidays, winter snow birds, older, younger, high season, low season, resort sell-offs. There are so many variables just keep an open mind and expect the unexpected. There are ?5? pools and the beach so you can always find a nice place to go.

Block 5 has the "adults only" pool which is not always quiet. Quiet tends to be early in the day, if you get a bunch of drinkers it can get pretty rowdy as the day progresses. All part of the fun, I guess.

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adult Pool at Decameron

If we want to share a "all part of the fun" holiday with people that don't know how to drink and not lose their minds we will go camping on long week ends.

To quote my departed father "if you can't drink like a man,don't drink."

I know I will get in trouble for the "like a man" but I am sure you get the message.

We have made many friends at the pool and had many drinks with many different age groups.

All we ask is that we repsect each other and act human.

We have seen people have their adult bands removed and replaced with kids bands.

Seems fair to us.

Illinois
Level Contributor
102 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adult Pool at Decameron

When we were there last summer there was a group of younger people. You do become friends with a lot of people there, especially at the bars. A couple of them did have their adult bands removed and replaced after receiving several warnings about being intoxicated. Once the bartender saw the arm band, they refused to serve. I thought that was a good idea,not only as a safety issue, but it helped us enjoy our vacation! I am going back in two weeks! I can't wait!

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
116 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adult Pool at Decameron

My mom and I were there in Sept/Oct 2006,and there were some real ignorant drunken Canadians (Montreal,Toronto,Vancouver) during our 2nd week. Gives the rest of us Canadians a bad name. Foul language,drunken behaviour,stacking lounge chairs very high,then jumping off into the pool,yelling,screaming from the Block 5 verandah to friends down below. Actually,it souded more like jungle animals than human beings. We later heard that security had to be called 3 times. On the other hand,the stay during our first week was quite enjoyable.

Denver
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Adult Pool at Decameron

Hey- I was there the same week the man barfed in the pool, and have to say that other than that incident (which we all talked about for days) I thought the adult pool was great! We didn't see any obnoxious drunks and weren't bothered by adults playing frizbee or throwing a football while enjoying the sun! Everyone was very respectful and nice and feeling very lucky and happy to be on vacation in such a beautiful resort.

10. Re: Adult Pool at Decameron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias
Recent Conversations