We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"I'm so glad we brought <blank>"

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nanaimo, BC
4 posts
Save Topic
"I'm so glad we brought <blank>"

Hey folks, my fiancee and I are making our way to RDC for our honeymoon this week. We're trying to simultaneously sort out the mass confusion of our wedding and finalize the details of the trip. In hopes of getting down to Mexico and avoiding going "DOH", does anyone have a particular item that is quintessential and/or a lifesaver to have along? We're looking for less than obvious things. We'd heard an insulated travel mug is an absolute must, for example.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,795 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "I'm so glad we brought <blank>"

Once of those travel candles in its own tin, especially this time of year, it can get rid of the musty smell in the room due to high humidity.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "I'm so glad we brought <blank>"

Cheap plastic blow up beach lounger to sit on as the loungers are not padded, they are had plastic.

surrey eh vo BC
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "I'm so glad we brought <blank>"

a foldable cooler,and a travel clock, bug spray

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "I'm so glad we brought <blank>"

Congrats on the wedding. Don't worry about forgetting anything. There are plenty of shops in Bucerias for most anything you forget.

The most important thing I find to travel with is an open mind (and my wife).

Relax, don't sweat the small stuff (and most everything is small stuff) and have a great honeymoon.

Chicago
Level Contributor
62 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "I'm so glad we brought <blank>"

Water shoes. The beach near RDC is soft sand, but if you visit another beach and it turns out to be rocky, you'll enjoy it a lot more with something to protect your feet.

Have a great honeymoon.

Cold Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
543 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: "I'm so glad we brought <blank>"

Don't forget the sunscreen, it is very expensive in Mexico.

castlegar BC
Level Contributor
500 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "I'm so glad we brought <blank>"

hello new001..love nanaimo, i grew up in cedar but that was long ago and i digress...when ever we go on a trip, we do not take our digital but instead buy 6 cheap disposable cameras(dolar store r good)..i give b/f 3 and i have 3 and it is soo much fun to get the pics when we get home, we each have our own ideas of pic taking so is interestin to say the least. they were expensive in mexico so glad i bought em here..have fun n congrats on u wedding!

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "I'm so glad we brought <blank>"

I am so glad we brought.... Imodium! While we were never sick, we didn't even feel bad..... we had a little inconvenience, that might have kept us from having as much fun as we did!

Just like those old TV ads where the family went to Hawaii and then had to stay in the hotel room, we were free to enjoy, because we had the *cure* lol

Pitt Meadows, Canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "I'm so glad we brought <blank>"

flashlight, it is a lifesaver if the power is out at night. Used ours a few times, people were jealous.

milwaukee
Level Contributor
653 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "I'm so glad we brought <blank>"

I'm glad we brought tums, cell phone and charger (cell phone was used as an alarm clock. I also agree about the water shoes. I brought a pair strictly for this trip and wore them wheever we ventured into bucerias along the beach.