We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bucerias no go

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bucerias no go

Went out for dinner last night, went to Eva's Brickhouse, well can't give you the update on the food account we didn't stay that long. We were a party of six, and since we didn't have long enough sleeves on our shirts the owner let us know, also we were not allowed to have the bill split, so we split.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,755 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bucerias no go

Hi Norris, I've known Eva and Kent for years and I'm very surprised to hear this. I will have a serious talk with them when I get back to Bucerias next month!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bucerias no go

If a party asks ahead of time, they should be able to get seperate checks in a restaurant. But there are some places that won't, and you could keep track yourselves. We have done it this way - each couple figures out what they owe, and for instance would tell the waiter - I'm paying 250 pesos of the bill, in effect splitting the bill.

Bucerias is a very casual town, and Eva's is not what I'd call an "up-scale" place. Any shirt should have been acceptable. The place is a block and a half from the beach.

manchester
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bucerias no go

Hi grapenuts

We asked for one bill per couple (3 bills) and we always sit together as a couple so the waiter has an easier time. Our group has dined at nine restaurants in Bucerias this trip, not one of them has had a problem with separate bills.

Two in our group had t-shirts with no sleeves, not the muscle shirt type. One was plain and mine had a small logo on the front - none were the loud tourist slogan type.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bucerias no go

With tourism in the area being down, a wise business person will go our of his or her way to accomodate customers.

As long as you aren't offending others (which it sounds like was NOT the case), cusomers with pesos in hand should be welcomed.

I'm sorry you had that unfortuate incident.

Tell us about places you did go, it's time for a trip report!

manchester
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bucerias no go

Sue

We're still here for a few days, will give a trip report when we get home.

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bucerias no go

I am guessing norriscole that you aren't staying at an all inclusive?

manchester
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bucerias no go

RodeoFoto

We are staying at a small hotel, we have stayed at the RDC three times and love the area. Last year we decided to try something different and split our vacation between an AI in PV and a small place in Bucerias. Found we liked the smaller places better than the AI.

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bucerias no go

That is so awesome that you are trying different things!

Do you miss anything about the AI?

newmarket
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Bucerias no go

I had the pleasure of meeting Eva and Kent last year and they were incredible hosts. I know that they shut down in the fall to add an addition to the restaurant. I really can't see either of the owners refusing customers unless they were inapropriately dressed for dinner. I will be in Bucerias for the month of March and I am planning on many delicious meals prepared by Eva's Brickhouse. I am going to mention this post as I am very curious what really happened!

La Cruz de...
Level Contributor
15 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bucerias no go

Let me first state that the above party was not asked to leave my restaurant, I did however inform them that we have a policy that requires men to wear shirts with sleves even T-shirts are acceptable, I then requested that next time they dine with us they wear shirts with sleves. Insofar as seperate checks go our restaurant does not give split checks we do however split the check for the party before presenting the bill if desired by the customers. This party of six when told about our policies made a scene inside the restaurant. In the end we had a wonderful evening that night and many satisfied customers who finished off the evening dancing to live music provided by our pianist and singer. In retrospect I was happy that this party did not stay and distrupt the evening of our other clients. I feel that when one dines in a air-conditioned restaurant which has flowers and candles on the table and live music, men should have the decency to have sleves on their shirts.

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias