We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We Leave 2 Weeks From Today! Bucerias Advice?

Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
We Leave 2 Weeks From Today! Bucerias Advice?

Hey, everyone! We're heading to Dreams Villamagna in Nuevo Vallarta and I for sure want to head to Bucerias for a day. It will be hubby, 9 yr old son, and myself.

I see, unfortunately, that Bucerias Gardens will be closed while we're there (Oct. 6th-14th), because I had intended on going there.

If you had one day, what would you do? I definitely want lunch or dinner at a beach restaurant. What do you suggest?

They have a flea market there, right? Looking for some fun shopping and getting some good deals!

Hoping to get some great ideas from you guys! Thanks so much in advance!

Terri

Mentioned in this post
Nuevo Vallarta
Nuevo Vallarta
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
United States
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We Leave 2 Weeks From Today! Bucerias Advice?

Take some time and walk around the market where you will find some good deals but please remember the town has been really impacted by the loss of tourists the past few months so that $1.00 you try to barter down is much more important to the vendors than it is to you.

Bucerias Gardens is not on the beach and even were it open would not be in my top 10 places to eat. As for lunch or dinner on the beach my suggestion would be Adautos - closed on Mondays. Really good food...the seafood nachos are simply wonderful! Also, Adauto has lounges on the beach and boogie boards for the use of customers.

Mentioned in this post
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,311 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We Leave 2 Weeks From Today! Bucerias Advice?

I'm not a big fan of the beach restaurants that are north of the Plaza and flea market, but I love Karen's Place which is, IMO, a very classy place with excellent food, but without the high price tag. They are open for 3 meals a day and overlook the beach. I'm not totally sure, but I think they will serve your meal on the beach, too. Although the Red Apple is not on the beach, it's second floor location will give you a nice view of the Bay. Don't forget to look at the Restaurant Reviews here on the Bucerias site, too.

The flea market is not very big, so I usually walk around the whole thing and then I zero in on a shop or 2 that has something I really want. My best "find" there has been a great soft leather shoulder-bag for the equivalent of about $17.00 USD. The market is really good for getting t-shirts and souvenirs for LOW prices.

Mentioned in this post
Karen's Place
Karen's Place
1,182 Reviews
Bucerias, Mexico
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We Leave 2 Weeks From Today! Bucerias Advice?

I would go to Mezzo Giorno's for a meal. They have been voted #1 in Riviera Nayarit this year. They are also on the beach at the far end of Ave. Pacifico. You will not be disappointed!

If you like sports, check out Yo Yo MO's pizza and sport's bar. They are 1 1/2 blocks north of the church on Ave. Mexico. They have awesome pizza.

There is a flea market in town. There is as much in Bucerias as you can find at the flea market at the Centro Mercardo in Puerto Vallarta. It is a great way to spend the afternoon. You can also stop in at El Gordo for something to drink. They are right in the flea market and on the beach. It is a great place to stop, have a drink, and watch the ocean/beach.

If you are looking for a great burger, the Twisted Rose have the best burgers in Bucerias. They are also on Ave. Mexico about 2 blocks north of the church.

Have a great trip! I'm sure you will enjoy it!!

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Nayarit
Riviera Nayarit
Nayarit, Mexico
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
United States
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: We Leave 2 Weeks From Today! Bucerias Advice?

I love Mezzagiorno but they are only opened for dinner and if you are spending the day in Bucerias on the beach not the type of restaurant where you would go in beachwear. I also like Karen's for lunch (and they have a nice happy hour at the pool bar) but think the dinners there are not on par with Mezzagiorno, Marks or Sandrinas.

Mentioned in this post
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Sandrina's
Sandrina's
782 Reviews
Bucerias, Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We Leave 2 Weeks From Today! Bucerias Advice?

If I was only going to spend the day in Bucerias I would.....grab a cab to the town center and walk around the market a bit. Stop for lunch at Aduatos on the beach (excellent food, but their margaritas are too expensive..go somewhere else for that, maybe El Chiveros) these are both right on the beach. After lounging on the beach I would walk south across the foot bridge along Lazero Cardenas all the way to the end, at the Royal Decameron Resort, as there are lots of nice little shops to see along this very easy street to walk. You can then grab a cab there to go back to Dreams VM.

Mentioned in this post
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Spokane, Washington
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We Leave 2 Weeks From Today! Bucerias Advice?

So many great suggestions! Thanks to everyone! Hmm....I may have to just have lunch and dinner there to try a couple different restaurants! ;)

Very much appreciate the advice! Man, is it Oct. 6th yet?? ;)

Terri

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
932 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: We Leave 2 Weeks From Today! Bucerias Advice?

Definietly Mezzogiorno for dinner. It was our best meal while on our trip. We got in the day before they closed for a month. They are closed until Oct 6th so they will be open for your trip. It is a beautiful restaurant overlooking the ocean. The italian food was absolutely amazing. Hands down it was our favorite restaurant. Here is a link to their website

http://www.mezzogiorno.com.mx/english.html

Definietly take time to get into Bucerias for some great meals.

Mentioned in this post
MEZZOGIORNO
MEZZOGIORNO
716 Reviews
Bucerias, Mexico
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: We Leave 2 Weeks From Today! Bucerias Advice?

I concur with pretty much what everyone else has stated here. The beach restaurants are plentiful, so just walk down the beach & shop for a place for lunch (most have their menus posted). Aduatos is nice, and we always do happy hour at Sol Y Mar (my hubby just loves the coconut shrimp there!). You must check out the flea market and for dinner, I agree that Mezzogiorno's is a little piece of heaven! The Shamrock, Yo-Yo's or Bucerias Gardens is a nice place to stop for a cool bubbly after a hard afternoon of shopping :) Just walk around & explore....you will fall in love Bucerias & the people just as we did. Enjoy!

Cheers,

TC

Mentioned in this post
Bucerias
Bucerias
Riviera Nayarit, Mexico
Saskatoon
Level Contributor
140 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: We Leave 2 Weeks From Today! Bucerias Advice?

This is great advice, I will be in Nuevo this November as well, could you tell me what would be an excellent Mexican restaurant? what about Miguel Angel?

Mentioned in this post
Miguel Angel
Miguel Angel
725 Reviews
Bucerias, Mexico
Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We Leave 2 Weeks From Today! Bucerias Advice?

Miguel Angel is a good restaurant. they aren't on the beach however. I would maybe think about El Gordo's. They are on the beach in the flea market.

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Miguel Angel
Miguel Angel
725 Reviews
Bucerias, Mexico