We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cock fights

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cock fights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 January 2010, 02:35
Vernon BC
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cock fights

agree- anyone?

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,673 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cock fights

If I'm not mistaken, I believe they are illegal. I know there is a place in Bucerias, but it's so hush-hush that I had walked past it many times and was quite surprised when a Mexican friend pointed out what sometimes went on behind the high gates that I'd always seen locked.

Edmonds, Washington
Level Contributor
673 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cock fights

One word. Inhumane

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
953 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cock fights

yea.....not on the top of my list.....of things to do while in Mexico....

to each his own I guess..... but animal cruelty is wrong...in my eyes..

not judging

Cobble Hill, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cock fights

Look for a local Rodeo, more fun and a bit less bloody, usually the only one getting hurt is the Cowboy.

Bullfights in PV I think every Wednesday. Never been but the locals seem to enjoy.

alberta
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cock fights

If it is a legal activity in the country, it may well be worth the experience, would not want to partake of anything illegal. Does ayone know for sure of the legality of cock fighting in Mexico? Of what I have read it seems to be up front.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,673 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cock fights

I know I'd not want to go to a cockfight and probably not to a bullfight, either. But at least with bullfighting, there is a lot of history, tradition and pageantry involved with it.

Gotham
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: cock fights

Perhaps if you are really lucky you might catch a dog fight too.

I hear that is quite an "experience"

sarcasm off

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cock fights

OMG!!! I think most people do not enjoy watching animals get ripped apart, but to each his own. I know that I would not attend either cockfighting or bullfighting, but that's just my opinion & morals. However, there are lots of cock-fights in the Dominican Republic and I do believe it is legal....maybe a trip there would be in order if you enjoy this sort of "entertainment experience".

alberta
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cock fights

Uninformed opinion is of little use or purpose, my bet is none of the judgemental, sarcastic response so far is based on real information or experience. I am looking for real information/real experience about cock fighting. Can anyone who knows something about the topic be of assistance?