We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling trips from Bucerias/RDC

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkelling trips from Bucerias/RDC

Has anyone who stayed at the RDC gone on a snorkeling trip? We like to snorkel but not sure if it would be worth bringing our snorkel gear along with us.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling trips from Bucerias/RDC

I have went on snorkelling trips in the bay. They will either take you out to the Marietas Islands or to Los Arcos. The Geronimo tour is a good one. They do provide snorkelling gear if you decide not to bring yours. Check out www.vallartatraveladvisor.com for snorkelling tours. Scott's tours is located just down the road from the RDC before you go over the footbridge into the flea market.

Have a great trip!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling trips from Bucerias/RDC

nayarit08, do they also supply the fins when they take you snorkelling? We only plan on going out once while we're there so we're not going to bring our equipment with us. But my husband thinks we may need to bring the fins...any advice?

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling trips from Bucerias/RDC

Whenever I've gone snorkelling on a tour, they provided the fins also. I would suggest the Geronimo tour. It is great fun and almost a full day.

Have a great trip!

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkelling trips from Bucerias/RDC

We went out on the Geronimo tour - Jan 11th I believe - best day spent ever. They did not provide fins that day and some peeps did bring there own and were really glad they had. All other equipment available though, and the crew were terrific. I would highly recommend taking this day trip - great value and breaky, lunch, drinks included! Have fun!

Sandra

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
954 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkelling trips from Bucerias/RDC

we are booked on the Geronimo tour.... just need to get into your mind

that this is not the Caribbean...make it your day....have fun..doing whatever...

I know we will....

Surrey, BC
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkelling trips from Bucerias/RDC

We have been on the Las Caletas trip twice. Water there is very clear, good for snorkelling, and lots of colourful fish. Would highly recommend it!

7. Re: Snorkelling trips from Bucerias/RDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 17:36
Surrey, BC
Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Snorkelling trips from Bucerias/RDC

If you go on the Las Caletas trip, they supply the fins, mask, and snorkel. It was all in good shape. Might save you room in your luggage if you don't bring your own.

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
389 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snorkelling trips from Bucerias/RDC

I went on the Geronimo tour. LOVED IT! We saw whales as well!

The snorkeling is not worth putting the mask on. LOL!

I sure had fun jumping off the boat and swimming thou. I agree with above -- have fun even thou the water isn't clear like the caribbean.

The food and service on the Geronimo was FANTASTIC!

ONE TIP - WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!!

illinois
Level Contributor
549 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snorkelling trips from Bucerias/RDC

To get off the beaten path set up your own trip thru the fishermans co-op in Punta De Mita. For $120 (or $140 con bano) up to 10 people go out to the Marietas for snorkeling and a nice slow trip around those incredible islands. You bring your own beer and you should see whales. We just posted here and we got 8 people who while Canadian were still a blast to spend an afternoon with on the ocean. More details on prior posts.