We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best mode of transportation from the airport to RDC?

Saskatchewan, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
best mode of transportation from the airport to RDC?

My boyfriend and I booked our trip not as a package deal and need to find transportation to the Royal Decameron. Just wondering what would be the best route for us to take? Bus, taxi etc. etc.??

Thanks!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,813 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best mode of transportation from the airport to RDC?

Welcome to trip advisor.

Here is the link to the airport taxi info:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150793-c68873/Puerto

It will be zone #3 for 284 pesos. Get pesos first if you can as they only give 10 to 1 on a US dollar at the Taxi stands.

Also go to the Puerto Vallarta forum and look in the upper right hand corner at the FAQ's. This ii the first one so check out the others especially the one about time share sharks. Great info there for a first time visitor.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,087 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best mode of transportation from the airport to RDC?

How much has anyone Paid ? exactly by Taxi, which Cab ?

thanks

Seattle
Level Contributor
167 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best mode of transportation from the airport to RDC?

We walked across the street and paid $20 American. That was probably a little high, the ride back was only $200 pesos.

Saskatchewan, Canada
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best mode of transportation from the airport to RDC?

Thanks for the info! I will be sure to check it out!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best mode of transportation from the airport to RDC?

I sent you a private message melandmel

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best mode of transportation from the airport to RDC?

Would Costa Dorada be considered zone 3? I have been looking at the transportation site for Puerto Vallarta Tours and they have airport transfers and they have Royal DeCameron listed under that zone but then show Bucerias as more money - or is it still cheaper just to do the cab right at airport?

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,813 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best mode of transportation from the airport to RDC?

Lisacuba

At the rate of 12.5 pesos to 1 US dollar, 284 pesos is $22.72. The earlier poster said they paid $20 for a cab across the street. Is lugging your bags up and down the stairs and across the bridge worth saving $2.72? For most of us who travle to PV often, the answer is no. But you decide.

By the way, the reurn taxi should be a little over 1/2 the outgoing fee as you will not use a federal white taxi.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: best mode of transportation from the airport to RDC?

Cab is easiest and quickest. Airport rates are set, by zone, it was as said 285 peso or about there for up to 3 people in a cab. Taxi booth is right by the exit doors to the outside, can't miss it. Yes, you can cross the footbridge and barter across the street, you'll save a few bucks but it's up to you if you want the hassle.

Beaumont, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: best mode of transportation from the airport to RDC?

I just got back from RDC on Sunday; when we arrived it was the middle of the night, and we had a group. We arranged with Puerto Vallarta Tours to pick us up, they had a Yukon & large van for our group, it was $12.50/person. There has been a few bad reviews, but I personally had a great experience with them, and no trackign down a taxi. They were there at the exit with a sign waiting.

Surrey, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: best mode of transportation from the airport to RDC?

We will just grab a cab right at airport and be done with it!! 8 weeks to go!

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias