We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDC First Timer Questions

Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
RDC First Timer Questions

We have been going to Mexico every winter for the last 13 years but usually stay on the Gulf side.(Cancun,Cozumel,Playa,Puerta Morelos) A few years back we tried the west coast and stayed at the Riu Vallarta. One day we walked up the beach to Bucerias and fell in love with the town. We want to come back to the area but don't want the 50 min. walk. This is why we are looking at the RDC. My first question is does the resort offer morning cocktails like Mimosas or Bloody Marys in the morning before the bars open? Also I realize there isn't any top shelf alcohol but I was wondering about middle of the road stuff or is it all bar call bottles?I appreciate any feedback on this resort.

Thank You

John Boy

surrey eh vo BC
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDC First Timer Questions

they don't serve until 10.00 am and i'm pretty sure all the hard stuff is of the low cost variety.The beer is sol and served out of bottles

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RDC First Timer Questions

I think you will find a Hugh difference from the RIU's.

No free in room safe.,No In room Fridge, No in room Free Bar, No shampoo,cond. etc. in Bathroom etc. etc.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RDC First Timer Questions

I personally loved the RDC. One of the main reason is because it is only a short walk to central Bucerias. No, they don't have top shelf alcohol but, you can buy a bottle of your favorite brand and the bartenders will gladly mix your drinks with what you have. The grounds are excellent at the RDC. There are 5 pools to choose from with one being adults only. There is 5 a la carte restaurants when you want a change from the buffets. The nightly shows are also fantastic. I have stayed at many, many resorts from 3* to 5*. I would always compare other resorts to the RDC. If you are willing to give up some ammenties ie shampoo, mini fridge, free safe, and top shelf liquor you will NOT be dissapointed with this resort. It is beautiful!

Have a great trip!

Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDC First Timer Questions

Thank you for the responses. We have also stayed at 3* to 5* resorts so I can live without some ammenties. I don't mine paying for the safe and always carry my collapsible cooler and Bubba Kegs just in case as long as the price is right. We are not picky eaters and been around many a buffet, good and bad. Plus as far as the beer, I'd rather have Sol out of a 40 oz bottle than Dos Equis on draft.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
341 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RDC First Timer Questions

Our friend who is a must have bloody mary guy before 10am during vacation, gets all the mix stuff at night before he goes to bed(buys canned t juice at one of the corner markets), gets ice at one of the buffets early morning, and makes his own drink enjoying on his patio while the wife sleeps in. The bartenders are very accomodating, I've seen them put ice and several liter bottles of Sol in a cooler for people who want to stroll down the beach, they'll give double shots, etc, be nice to them and they'll be awesome to you...

Lloydminster, Canada
Level Contributor
391 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RDC First Timer Questions

Great post Jill!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
341 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RDC First Timer Questions

Thanks, we've been to RDC 3 times, and before we were leaving to return home in Feb, we were already talking about visit 4. I've never had such a great time, and we will return as often as we can, right now it's everyother year due to other obligations, but 2012 can't come fast enough for us, hate wish our lives away but RDC and the Bucerias area is as close to perfection as we've seen, and we've been to lot of vacation spots.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
954 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RDC First Timer Questions

yes indeed Bucerias is an awesome place...we hit the RDC for our first time this winter..and would go back in a second..no questions..

always remember to ask yourselves..what do you want and expect...keep expectations at a reasonable level...no dispointment should be had...

really you get what you pay for..

feel free to ask me..or read my review...we are not experts..but enjoy this area ..and are booked for Bucerias already for next year

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,724 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RDC First Timer Questions

I went from Riu's to RDC, had the time of my life at RDC... Thought that Riu was the only way to go.

Just be flexible and enjoy, would go back in a heartbeat.

It was the choice of the group, so I went along.

Atmosphere and culture different ,but...wonderful!

Still love Riu, but, have an open mind and enjoy...

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,086 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RDC First Timer Questions

RDC is a good choice if you want to save on hotel price and go out to dinner a few times. I find the liquor ..not the best...but it keeps me sane and I have less hangovers. I buy a bottle or two of wine at Walmart ..nice Chilean wines (for about $7) ......and a bottle of other favs ..for the room) and enjoy the best of the AI and city world.

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias