We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in late July?

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in late July?

Hello everyone.

My family is about to go to Bucerias in late july this year, and this is our first trip to Mexico. I wonder whether there be hurricane at that time?

I know the weather will probably be hot and humid. But will the rain last all day along and ruin the vacation?

Thank you very much

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in late July?

Welcome to the TripAdvisor!

It will be very hot, but it will probably not rain every day. A typical pattern is for maybe a couple of hours of rain in the late afternoon or for there to be rain during the night.

The western coast of Mexico is hardly ever affected by hurricanes. Just the Gulf of Mexico and the Baja Peninsula.

Be sure to check out the Top Questions on the Puerto Vallarta Forum. Lots of good information, especially for first-time visitors.

Have a great time!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in late July?

Only 1 hurricane came close in last 2 years and thaht was several years ago. Last October Rick was over 400 miles away at sea and there were high waves and wind and rain but for only 1 day. No damage was done.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in late July?

thank you both for your replies. very helpful.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
802 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in late July?

I've never been to that side in Aug either! We usually go to Riveria Maya side so is it alot different in August? We have had a few showers in Aug on that side but nothin bad.The only times I have been to Bucerias is Apir and we have loved the weather!!!

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in late July?

Mlroberts, do you mean will the weather in August be a lot different in Bucerias than in late July? About the same. (Can't comment about the weather in the Riviera May since I haven't been there.)

As for hurricanes, the last one that affected the area pretty badly was Kenna in 2002. Before that there had not been a hurricane around PV for 50 years.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in late July?

Two things. It is very hot that time of year. We were there in late June one year and the swimming pools were like bath water.

It is hurricane season, but this year you're probably safe. With the current El Nino weakening, the odds go up for hurricanes in the Atlantic and decrease for hurricanes in the Pacific.

7. Re: Weather in late July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias