We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions

We have 9 adults and 6 kids heading to RDC in Early October. I have a few questions before we leave.

What are the chances of seating large groups at any of the restaurants (buffet or a la carte)?

Where would be the best place to catch the Canucks game? Any chance it will be on at the RDC?

Can anyone suggest any excursions for kids 7 and up? What particular ATV trips would be the ones to do?

What building block # would be most suitable? (mostly pool swimmers!)

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Cold Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
595 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions

I have seen them seat large groups at all the restaurants.

I like to go to Yo Yo Mo's to watch the hockey games (its about a 20 min walk) The hockey game will not be shown at the resort.

Can't answer the ATV question.

Since the pool near building 5 and 6 is a quiet pool buildings 1 through 4 would be best for when you have children.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions

There is a great ATV tour that leaves from Wild ATV's. They are on the highway. I would recommend the Pirates of the Bay day tour for the kids. I think they would enjoy that.

Also, when I was there, the only pool that was Adults only was the one at Building 5. My friends stayed in Block 6 with their kids and they loved the pool there. (things may have changed I guess though).

I would also go to YoYo Mo's for hockey games. You will find there are many Canucks fans that go there.

Have a great trip!

Prince George...
Level Contributor
755 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions

you will be able to get seated together just keep in mind that you are only allowed to book for two rooms max so you will need to have some company to help you book for the other rooms for the alacartes you can all approach the counter together to book,

wild atvs on highway we have used them three times great fun

check out the pirate ship day show for the kids havent done it yet but will be doing it later on this fall when we take our children down.

block six has adjoining rooms and has a great pool for the kids, block 1 area pool is the activity pool either way its not a long walk to any of the pools after you get to know the pathways block 4 is right in the middle but the pool is smaller block three has a nice pool and is where you paint the ceramics

milwaukee
Level Contributor
278 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions

Stop at Scotts Tours by the footbridge and get prices on ATV tours.

We got a really good price from him and can get you the tour that fits your group the best.

We took one from 9 until 1 and paid like $40

Have a great time ;)

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions

Also their is another small bar called Oasis which is only a few minutes walk down the road from the RDC and it always shows hockey games.

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few questions

Solar - is "Oasis" the one that has all the flags hanging out front?

Thx - Sandra

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few questions

Hello Sandra,

I believe that is correct. You can see it clearly on Google street view, but it won't go any further towards the RDC.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A few questions

Oasis is closed. I'm not sure if it is just for the summer or not. When/if they re-open I will let you know.

Have a great trip!

vancouver
Level Contributor
228 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A few questions

There are 17 of us arriving on October 16th for two 50th birthdays. I contacted the resort to see if we could all have dinner one night together as It is a special occasion. I was given a contact name and was told we could do this. I would try and ask them, they may only allow one night. We were there in June and had two rooms, and we could book the 5 of us at once.

Have fun, I know you will

10. Re: A few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2011, 04:16