We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time shares and canopy beds at RDC

Vancouver
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Time shares and canopy beds at RDC

Can anyone tell me if the staff at RDC push time shares ? i've stayed at resorts where they invite you to a special meal, offer a free car rental or excursion to attend a "welcoming" session. I've always just said no thanks and been frank about not being interested. But some resorts really push. Is this the case with RDC ?? Also, wondering if they have beach canopy beds and if so, is there a "time share" element to that ? I'd love to book a couple hours but I've seen, at other resorts, people claim the beds at dawn and hog them all day, even if they take off for a couple hours to do other things. We are going on Saturday, woo hoo !!

surrey eh vo BC
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time shares and canopy beds at RDC

unless they have changed in the past year they don't push timeshares and they don't have canopy beds they do have an orientation on sundays.just to inform you on the complex,etc

Vancouver
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time shares and canopy beds at RDC

Thanks for the info, darn I thought I saw a photo of the complex with canopy beds. Oh well, no worries. I see there are 5 "blocks", I suppose each has a pool, restaurant, etc ? Are they really far from each other ? I've read alot of the reviews and some people sure don't like having to walk much.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
15 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time shares and canopy beds at RDC

decameron.com/eng/…gallery.html

aha, I knew I saw it somewhere !!

surrey eh vo BC
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time shares and canopy beds at RDC

we syayed in block 1 5 times and it close to most things the beach being #1 but now we like block 5.It's a lot more walking but you get to burn off a few calories that way.those aren't canopy beds they are beachfront massage tables

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,951 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Time shares and canopy beds at RDC

Those canopy beds you see, I believe are for massages. Also the rooms they show, I am sure, are the newer block 6 rooms. The RDC is a very basic hotel, but it is very popular. Have stayed there a couple of times myself and loved it.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,042 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Time shares and canopy beds at RDC

No canopy beds ..it's a basic property with the hard plastic loungers. The canopy must have been a massage hut. No time shares either..but across the street is a time share hut that will ask the usual..where are you from, do you want a good price on a tour..I just say.....no thanks....

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Time shares and canopy beds at RDC

Hi we have been 3 times to this resort and there is NO time shares. Building 5 and 6 are great to stay at. It's not a big resort and you walk very little. The main time share problem is at the Airport so don't talk to anyone until you are outside. We are going back Nov 22-Dec 3 . So relax and enjoy your time there

8. Re: Time shares and canopy beds at RDC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2011, 05:17