We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where do you store your money?

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where do you store your money?

I am curious, where do you keep your money like tips on you when your out lounging around at the beach or pool. I don't want to have to carry a purse, and wonder what do other people do when they go to the beach. Do you just leave your sunglasses, sunscreen, and wallet back at your chair when your actually swimming? And because this sounds like a huge resort, I don't want to walk back to my room every time I want something for tips, or to buy from the beach vendors, so what do you do?

San Mateo...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,185 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where do you store your money?

A few years ago I went into a dive shop and they had a small waterproof plastic hindged box...with a small cord so you could wear it around your neck, It was maybe 2"x3"x3/8"and you can fit some folded cash and hotel key...weather they have them down here I do not know,, but with the new plastic 20 and 50 pesos notes you could get them wet.......be carful swimming in the ocean in Bucerias, posable to get sick........

San Mateo...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,185 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where do you store your money?

A few years ago I went into a dive shop and they had a small waterproof plastic hindged box...with a small cord so you could wear it around your neck, It was maybe 2"x3"x3/8"and you can fit some folded cash and hotel key...weather they have them down here I do not know,, but with the new plastic 20 and 50 pesos notes you could get them wet.......be carful swimming in the ocean in Bucerias, posable to get sick........

Edited: 10 December 2010, 19:39
Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: where do you store your money?

What do you mean by possible to get sick swimming in the ocean in Bucerias?

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where do you store your money?

We use a beach bag to haul things (towels, sunscreen, sun glasses, books, camera, mp3 player, sun hat, room key, etc.) we might want with us. The bag has a side pocket and in it we will have a few notes for tipping. The wallet / purse and the rest of the money stays in the safe.

San Mateo...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,185 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where do you store your money?

I guess I mean that although the bacteria count is down this month as more and more tourists visit the bay heading towards Christmas time it seems the count can be high like this last Sept. was after the August holidays... we have few enough tourists visiting this year and we do not need tourists getting sick .....

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: where do you store your money?

Thats an interesting comment Carico! Don't mean to cause a stink, but for someone who stays in Guayabitos I guess you would be up on the fecal coliform counts....or have they fixed that problem?

I agree with Mike, lizzy, just throw all the stuff you need for the day in a beach bag. Everything will be safe and sound!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where do you store your money?

There have been no reports of people getting sick from swimming in the ocean here in Bucerias. I can't comment on Rincon de Guayabitos where carico is.

Yes, bacteria count can often be higher after substantial runoff into the ocean after hard rains, like in the summer. We haven't had any rain since the beginning of October.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: where do you store your money?

Mikev,

So you just leave your beach bag laying around, by your chair? See over here when we go swimming at a lake or beach, there is plenty of room for all visitors to have their own secluded area - not too close to other people, so i just wondered if we will be packed in like sardines there, and would you trust to leave your bag alone unattended. I know to leave the other stuff in the hotel room in a safe, just wondered what others do.

Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
11,187 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where do you store your money?

swim suit with a waterproof pouch

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
954 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where do you store your money?

we to take a beach bag...it holds towels ..camera.....books and lotions and there is a small change area for the money...we take around $20. at a time...and if we need more go and get more...we are trusting people and tend to make friends quickly...that way..we have someone watching our stuff...as we would watch theirs....not all people are honest....perfect world they would be....so I guess we take chances...with that said...(knock on wood)...11 vacations to different resorts...and never an issue...tuck it under your lounger...and just keep things out of site...out of mind....and always an open mind

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias