We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flea Market?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flea Market?

When and where is the flea market in Bucerias. I am staying at the Riu Palace. I am hoping it will be within walking distance...along the beach.

Thanks in advance.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flea Market?

It is within walking distance. A bit of a hike, but do-able. Maybe 30 minutes or so along the beach. Bring a bottled water with you.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flea Market?

Is it open most days?

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,090 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flea Market?

It's open everyday. Depending on how fast you walk, it can take up to 45 mins or more.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,984 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flea Market?

Love the flea market in Bucerias! It is next to the town square, parallel to the beach. It's open every day, from about mid-morning or so, into the evening. A great place to buy low-cost gifts and things.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
135 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flea Market?

Walk till you reach the orange roofed restaurant, then go up the stairs. There you will see the town square, and like Elenamex says it is right next to it. You will find pretty much every thing that you can find in PV, but they are more willing to make a deal with you. The restaurants aroound the flea market are very good too!

alberta
Level Contributor
437 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flea Market?

Sunday is a good day to do the hike because you would also be able to take in the local farmers market.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
820 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flea Market?

I think it's quite a long walk, I would take a taxi to the flea market, and save the energy for the town!

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
136 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flea Market?

When I go shopping, I like to walk there and then take a taxi home if I'm laden with purchases.

And just FYI, the regular Sunday market has sellers of electronics, clothing, fish, veggies and plastics, as well as plants, medicinal herbs, etc. It's located up the arroyo (river bed).

Courtenay, Canada
Level Contributor
368 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flea Market?

We did the walk in a little of 30 minutes, we went up the stairs at Karen's restaurant where there is a foot wash that you can use. Hubby and I are not in the best shape of our lives and did not find the walk strenuous. After wandering through the market we took a cab back to the Riu Palace for 85 pesos.

Word of warning: the vendors in Bucerias are some of the pushiest that I ever seen.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flea Market?

When visiting the flea market be sure also to hit Fatboys on the beach. Food is good, margaritas are great!

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias
Recent Conversations