We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDC Questions

Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
RDC Questions

Hey,

Heading to RDC next week and just had a couple more general questions:

- Is the pop that they have brand names like I would get in Canada? If I order a rum and coke am I actually getting Coca-Cola or is it some other cola brand?

- I've heard that you actually have to be in the lobby by 8am to get a la carte reservations, particularly for the Italian restaurant, is this true? Can anyone shed any light on this process?

Thanks!

milwaukee
Level Contributor
278 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RDC Questions

The soda that you get in your mixed drinks comes from a gun, but I think it may be Pepsi Light. That seems to be the drink of choice around there.

Remember there isn't a lot of name brand liquor there. If want something special, a trip up the street to the store is in order and not that far.

There are two times to line up for the ala carte restaurants.

One, is in the morning for that evening and the other is in the afternoon for the next evening.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: RDC Questions

i saw they had a drink fountain machine there, like what you'd see in any fast food joint, so it is fountain pop, not canned. Which is carbonated water mixed with a syrup to make it whatever flavor. And we always went at 3pm to reserve for the next days dinner, and we got 4 / 5 ala carte restaurants really easily this way. We only waited in line for 5 mins or less. By the way whenever I ordered a rum and coke they would tell me it would be pepsi, so I guess they don't have coke there.

Calgary, Ab
Level Contributor
227 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RDC Questions

We just returned from the RDC two days ago. The resort was full and yet we had no problem getting reservations for the restaurants. We went about 9:30 in the morning and there was always choices. The thing was, we didn't end up taking advantage of the reservations. Every time we made them, we just found we wanted to go for dinner at a different time so we ended up cancelling. The buffets we fine for us, lots of choices. Consider if you want to be tied into a set dinner time before making a reservation.

As for pop. The resort serves Pepsi products from a gun type dispenser. I am diabetic and never had a problem getting a Diet Pepsi. You can also by Coke Light (Diet Coke here) in the little stores in the resort.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDC Questions

The pop is much better than we get at home. They use real sugar to sweeten, not the corn syrup poison that we use in the us and canada.

5. Re: RDC Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2012, 10:27
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias
Recent Conversations