We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying with Friends at Punta Esmeralda...where to go?"

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Staying with Friends at Punta Esmeralda...where to go?"

Hello Everyone!

I am staying with friends at Punta Esmeralda in February and would love some help in finding things to do in the area!

We are looking for some things to do during the day, day trips, HAPPY HOUR, restaurants in the area??

Also if there is anything in walking distance from the condos?

What is the best most cost effective way to go to downtown PV?? Would you suggest this??

Thanks in advance for your help!! We are very excited to get away!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying with Friends at Punta Esmeralda...where to go?"

Punta Esmeralda is on the north side of Bucerias. There are many, many great restaurants to go to. Some of my favorites are: YoYo MO's for pizza and wings, Joe Crow's for potato skins and burgers, The Twisted Rose have excellent mushrooms, Casa Triskell have terrific crepes, Mar y Sol is right on the beach and have great carne asada, Mezzogiorno's for wonderful italian. Yoyo Mo's also have happy hour daily until 5pm. You can walk from the condo into downtown Bucerias where you will find all of these places as well as many more. There is also a flee market in town.

To get into PV, you can either take the bus or a taxi. A taxi will be about 250peso where the bus would be about 20 peso. I would take the bus as it is easy to do. Just walk up to the highway, get on a bus to the wal-mart in PV, transfer to a bus that says el centro, and there you are.

For day trips, you can take the bus north of where you will be to Sayulita. It is a neat little town where many surfers hang out.

Have a great trip!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying with Friends at Punta Esmeralda...where to go?"

I mostly agree with the above post. My only comment relates to the fact that the walk is actually more of a hike - nearly 3 km along the beach to the center of town - so depending on the composition of your group, clothing, footwear, tides, etc., you may not want to do it all the time. And certainly for the return trip at the end of the evening, I would grab a cab - not a safety issue so much as that the walk along the beach probably wouldn't be that pleasant at night.

Punta Esmeralda is a beautiful development, but it offers absolutely nothing to do - beyond whatever you dream up yourselves - at night, so you will need to leave the development if you're looking for entertainment.

The bus to Sayulita is easy to do, and highly recommended as a day trip.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,242 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying with Friends at Punta Esmeralda...where to go?"

Photogirl...as stated there are many great restaurants in Bucerias to check out. It is a bit of a hike, but a cheap taxi ride home. There are also a few good restaurants the other way in La Cuz, Frascati's and Tacos on the Street to name a few. The Yacht club also has good food and fairly decent prices. Also just a short cab ride away.

Walking from Punta Esmeralda into Bucerias(on the beach) there are a couple of restaurants on the way. One is at Los Picos, and one at Vista Vallarta. I personally have not eaten at either, but have heard good things. Have a great trip.

Lewes, Delaware
Level Contributor
55 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying with Friends at Punta Esmeralda...where to go?"

I own a condo in Bucerias not to far from where you are staying. I am on the beach, and love to walk into town during the day for breakfast or lunch and walk back, on vacation for three weeks this past December, drank way to much but came home to see I lost 6 pounds, and that just from walking, at night I would walk over to the taxi stand and for around 50 pesos be taken to my gront door that was with the tip. (only when it was dark out)

If it was early evening ( still light out) I hop the bus for 8 pesos

Twisted Rose also has salsa lessons on Tuesday and Thursday for 50 pesos. Owners are very friendly. Also go to the taco stand across the street fromthe Twisted Rose, they anly open at night, great Burgers and Tacos 10 - 25 pesos cant be beat.

Enjoy oh how I wish I was there 12 inches of snow yesterday, and more on its way on Wednesday

5. Re: Staying with Friends at Punta Esmeralda...where to go?"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2012, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias