We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather update.....

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Topic
Weather update.....

Is it warming up a bit in Bucerias / Puerto Vallarta since the last few weeks?

Each and every weather site are all different lol....

Calgary
Level Contributor
639 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather update.....

from what i can see, the only thing getting better is daylight, the rest is the same or worse, more clouds, colder during the day, colder at night and the water is still cold...

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather update.....

This thread indicates it has been warming up in recent days:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k420111…

Weather sites are not reliable for the Vallarta area.

Edited: 02 February 2011, 22:42
Crystal City...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather update.....

We just got back from the Bucerias area on the weekend. We used accuweather and the forecast was pretty much right on.

Don't get bummed about the temps - it will be about 50 degrees warmer there than it is at home and when the sun hits your face and you smell the salt in the air, it will all be good.

The water was fine - it felt cool when I first stepped in of course because I had been baking in the sun, but it was warm once I got in there.

Last week it was hot during the day - I'm guessing maybe 26 or 27 but it felt hotter some days. We had a couple of overcast mornings but it cleared up by the afternoon. It was still hot enough to be on the beach even with the cloud cover.

In the early morning and evenings it was cool and most people wore fleece jackets or canguros. Lots of people wore pants/jeans in the evening as well, although my husband wore shorts. I guess it depends on how well you can handle the cool weather.

Vernon, BC
Level Contributor
125 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather update.....

Just got home Monday...to say I am tanned is an understatement...the weather was excellant, only one day that the clouds hogged the sky, but that only last till about noon. I thought by this past weekend that it was actually getting warmer each day and the sun burn I got Monday before I left to go home is proof to that..lol ouch!!! My daughter is currently whining about her burnt legs on the back...lol..again the weather must of been doing something right..

Have a warm jacket for the nights or even better buy one of those mexican pull overs at the market or at the tables at night over past the the main check in lounge for 200 pesos. My daughter loves hers and it keeps her warm even here in our minus temps..lol

Edited: 03 February 2011, 05:18
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
954 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather update.....

I never worry about the weather... we think sometimes that a temp of 75 or so is not that warm.... it is the tropics...and nmuch warmer than it sounds...

we are closer to the equator..so will be warmer...and.... simply said...

we go there to escape the cold at home...so it beats where we are...

Chloe... sounds like you had it near perfect to me... a little burn is okay!

Vernon, BC
Level Contributor
125 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather update.....

Jim

It was perfect as far as I am concerned. The entire trip including the wedding !!!! I will eventually get my RDC review up and will post a few pics.

The people of the resort and the small bars just outside the resort were amazing and helped my family to enjoy what I consider to be one of the best family trips one could imagine, and for that I am grateful to our new friends..!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather update.....

Still here - definitely chillier than it has ever been past years. If it is cloudy and overcast, the pool and beach are nearly empty as with the winds, it is simply too cold! You will need long pants and jackets for the evenings - the locals even add hats & gloves to that! But we are still having a wonderful time as we don't have to shovel anything! Enjoy!

Black Diamond...
Level Contributor
148 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather update.....

Firstly, nothing you can do about the weather. And each to their own, it has been cooler at night than any other year I can remember in the last eight. The last 3 nights especially cool to the point that we didn't feel like being outside. Warmer than home, yeh, dah - it's not snowing. Can you get a sun burn if you try - Yes - you can on a ski hill. If you're coming down here this week, bring a sweater or a hoodie, you'll use it, tell the folks back home what ever you want. The Weather network says it will be warming up - Monday - Tuesday - I'll let you know.

Winnipeg
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather update.....

Thanks Candakw for the update. I'll be watching for more! ha ha

Like you say, it doesn't really matter one way or another...we are coming anyways, and nope your right...no snow!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather update.....

You guys are right.....better than the cold here. So it is a bit cooler than norm in paradise....but it's still paradise! If I hear that it snowed in Bucerias....then I will get worried.

And Chloe....looking forward to that review.....especially the drink review lol!!!!

24 days & counting.....TC

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias
Recent Conversations