We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Been There--Done That

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Been There--Done That

Well - we arrived home very late last night - actually Very early Saturday morning I guess - unpacked and laundry done.

We had an amazing trip-wonderful weather and totally enjoyed the 'Condo' experience, as opposed to AI trips we have always done.

My concern prior to going, was buying food etc for 2 weeks - but the shopping experience at Mega was just like home-except for the fact we couldn't read the labels :)

The meat at the butcher counter in Mega was delish, we purchased rib eye steaks, lean ground beef, and port tenderloin - all of it was yummy.

We ate out for breakfast a few times and for supper as well. We had picnic type lunches on the beach everyday.

We went for long walks every morning-exploring as much of Bucerias as possible and we both thoroughly enjoyed that.

The fund raiser at Joe Crow's was great-met some friends from TA-always a bonus to put a face with a name.

The M & G at Yo Yo Mo's on Wednesday Mar 2nd was a blast - ended the evening at The Shamrock.

One of the most endearing things about this part of the world is the fact that everyone is so friendly and would not pass you by without an Hola and huge smile.

Apparently, by blind luck, we missed two extremely cold weeks whilst gone-to arrive home to plus temps now-couldn't have timed it better.

Our cab pick up from the airport, arranged by sioux, was another positive experience - thank you Kal for the excellent welcome to Bucerias.

When I relieve my vacation in my mind-which I will do over and over again-I will for certain enjoy recalling all the friendly faces at the M & G-what a fantastic group.

We have done several AI vacations in both Mexico and Punta Cana. This was our virgin Condo trip and I must say we both gave this style of holidaying the winning vote. It was so nice not to have to go somewhere for meals during certain hours and not always eating food you like. We were able to keep our meals much like home and that was important. I have rarely liked the meat at any of the resorts we have been to-so by default become a vegetarian for 2 weeks. My meal of choice at home is a huge salad and a nice big piece of something on the BBQ. This was accomplished with ease at our condo. Then to be able to pack up for the day and head to the ocean with lunch in tow-now that is what I call relaxing.

Different strokes for different folks - right - but we had daily maid service so even with the making of the picnics etc - this was a very restful trip.

Many fond memories put in storage this trip - thanks Bucerias.

Leigh

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Been There--Done That

I must be tired - correction - meant to say arrived home Very early Sunday morning - not Saturday. We just got home at 1:30AM this morning.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,429 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Been There--Done That

That's nice to hear.....staying in a condo is by far our favourite way to vacation now as well...the extra room alone is so great!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Been There--Done That

Sounds like you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,837 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Been There--Done That

Glad you enjoyed the condo experience. Its hard to explain to people who say "I don't go on vacation to cook", that the condo route is way more relaxing than an AI. We have been doing it that way for many years and finally bought our own a few years ago and we love it. You really get to explore more of town that way also, rather than at the resort all the time. You will probably never go back to AI again.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Been There--Done That

Yes the Condo experiance is certainly a great way to go. Fortunately our friends get the Condo at Villa Magna for a month which makes our two week stay very affordable.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,722 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Been There--Done That

So glad you enjoyed your trip, Leigh! I agree that Mega has a pretty darned good meat dept.. I'm also a big fan of their produce dept. and the fresh bakery.

Do you have plans to return to Bucerias yet?

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Been There--Done That

glad you had a great time! for us (unless using our timeshare) we prefer to rent a full villa even over a condo for a truly personalized vacation. AND I absolutely don't cook on vacation no matter what type of accommodations we have LOL

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,744 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Been There--Done That

Great report and it was fun to meet you. See you next time around!

Edited: 14 March 2011, 21:15
Oregon
Level Contributor
494 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Been There--Done That

We love our condo vacations the best. We enjoy cooking several meals, and going out for some, too. You can fix some of your own beverages, which saves some money, too. I think it's the best freedom... More room, as well!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,083 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Been There--Done That

Hi Leigh,

Long time no chat!! When was the last time - the Punta Cana forum?! God, I don't even remember. Glad you had a great time in Bucerias - I LOVE Bucerias!!! Seems like our trips often lead us in the same direction (at different times unfortunately). We're off to PV on Saturday. Can't wait!

Anyways, nice to see a friendly face (okay name) from the past!!

Laura

Edited: 15 March 2011, 01:07
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias
Recent Conversations