We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you get a shuttle from PVR Airport to Royal Decameron?

Kitimat, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Can you get a shuttle from PVR Airport to Royal Decameron?

Does anyone know of a good reliable shuttle service to Royal Decameron and how much should both my friend and I expect to pay? Or does the Royal Decameron have s shuttle service?

Thanks

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you get a shuttle from PVR Airport to Royal Decameron?

No shuttle service, But there are plenty of cabs available.

If you bought a package trip, they often include transfers.

Kitimat, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you get a shuttle from PVR Airport to Royal Decameron?

brought deal through expedia but they were charging a lot of money for each of us traveling. I can't remember the exact price but I remember thinking it too much for shuttle for each person. Do you know how much a cab would cost then to Royal Decameron?

Thanks

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,884 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you get a shuttle from PVR Airport to Royal Decameron?

Taxi is 310 pesos total for up to 3 people. As stated, very easy to get at the airport.

Go to the Puerto Vallarta forum page and click on the first item in the FAQ's in the upper right for info about the airport taxis.

As a first time visitor, you should check out the other FAQ's too for some very good info.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Kitimat, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you get a shuttle from PVR Airport to Royal Decameron?

Thanks I'll check that out. Its not my first time to PV my fourth actually. Its just I've never had to worry about a taxi before. I've never stayed at the Royal Decameron (or any AI hotel for that matter) that the only new part.

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
136 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you get a shuttle from PVR Airport to Royal Decameron?

If you have a package deal, as it sounds you have, there will be a bus waiting for you at the airport to transfer you to the hotel. Just walk out the main doors of the airport, and they are all lined up across the road in the parking area. Look for the bus that says "Decameron", show the guide your ticket or itinerary, and board the bus.

Kitimat, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you get a shuttle from PVR Airport to Royal Decameron?

Wow! thanks Leegleze. That would make things easier for sure.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,789 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can you get a shuttle from PVR Airport to Royal Decameron?

Most package tours, you need to look for the rep for your company inside the terminal - Nolitours, Westjet Vacations, etc. The reps wear uniforms and will have ID for the company they work for. they will also have a printed list that has your name on it. The list, especially, is an indicator of a legit tour rep, not a time share guy.

The rep will mark your name off their list and direct you to the bus you need to go on. Often the buses aren't marked by where they go, they will tell you a bus number to get on.

Key to remember, know which tour company your package is booked with, and look for their rep.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can you get a shuttle from PVR Airport to Royal Decameron?

I used to book my AI vacations to the RDC through expedia. They never included transportation as I build my own package and didn't book with a charter company. As stated, the taxis at the airport are plentiful and easy to take.

Have a great trip!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,582 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can you get a shuttle from PVR Airport to Royal Decameron?

Last two Post are Correct. If you booked with Expedia and did NOT pay through them for their Transfer, then you will Have to take a Taxi.

Only the Charters from Canada Include the transfer (like Sunquest,Signature,AirTransat).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can you get a shuttle from PVR Airport to Royal Decameron?

You can get a bus too - that's fun. We like the Decameron in Guyabitos and we take a bus up the coast.

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias