We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can someone help me..need the name of this place.

Calgary, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can someone help me..need the name of this place.

Hey Folks....I've been to Bucerias a few times and keep returning, and searching for a restaurant that I visited the first time I was there. I'm not sure if it's me or the tequila but I just can't find it again!lol. It's right on the beach, with access from the street. Nothing fancy...open air, with plastic chairs. The most notable things I remember are that it has a sand floor, the mexican blanket style table cloths, and sometimes there was a local there playing music being accompanied by a gringo from Alberta on the spoons. Always wanted to return but I just can't seem to stumble across it again! Thanks folks!

Edited: 17 May 2011, 01:03
Prince George...
Level Contributor
750 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can someone help me..need the name of this place.

it wouldnt be fat boys would it, as this place is open air sand floors right on the beach access from the road in the market area, and has a local singing each time we have been there.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can someone help me..need the name of this place.

Yes, it sounds like El Gordo to me!

Okanagan Valley, BC
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can someone help me..need the name of this place.

Ol'Bucky thinks it may be Claudio's Meson Bay. It can be entered from the street(Lazaro Cardenas) or from the beach. It is not open air but has a covered roof and definitely has a sand floor.

Bucky the Beaver

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Can someone help me..need the name of this place.

Sounds like Claudio's Meson Bay to me too!

PEI
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Can someone help me..need the name of this place.

I believe that El Gordo (Fatboys) is relatively new...opened within the last 2-3 years?

G.

surrey eh vo BC
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can someone help me..need the name of this place.

el gordo has been there for at least 9 years

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,515 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can someone help me..need the name of this place.

Back in 2002 my hubby and I went to El Gordo's. It's been here for a very long time.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,061 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can someone help me..need the name of this place.

I just re-looked at some pictures from 2007 of our family at Meson Bay, and the tablecloths are the striped "Mexican blanket" type, and they do have live music there on certain nights, so this could be the place. To the OP, if it is Meson Bay, it is right beside Punta Arena condos, just to the south of the footbridge.

PEI
Level Contributor
319 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Can someone help me..need the name of this place.

Wow...how could we have missed El Gordo's...been to Bucerias 6 of the last 10 years !! Never saw it! What else have I missed?

Gordon

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can someone help me..need the name of this place.

ShrimpFatBoy Restaurant - Mariscos El Gordo

We have started to go to this restaurant in Bucarias. One good thing, the boys can sit on the beach, in the shade and enjoy a cold beer, while the girls go shopping in the market. We now drop our bags at the hotel, check in and then jump in a cab and go for a cold beer and some great food. Then on the way back we get the taxi driver to stop at Mega or Walmart in Bucarias, pick up our essentials and go back to the hotel. Doesn't cost too much to have the driver stop and it's a great way to start the trip.

Enjoyed this restaurant and beach location. Returned twice for lunch. Service was very good, fresh seafood - they will bring the tray of the days catch to you so you can see the quality of the food. Tacos and grilled shrimp ordered at our table and was delicious. Also had the chicken quesedillas, very good, and large portion - 4 with onions and grilled tomatoes, plenty of chicken and cheese, with veggies and rice only $120 pesos. They have a very nice pico de gallo and for an extra charge you can get the chips in a bag which are baked not fried. They are excellent, nice and light and flavourable, and what you don't eat you can take home with you. At the end of the meal they give you a small brown cow to sip on (khalua and milk).

Easy to find, go the the plaza in Bucerias, walk to the sidewalk at the beach, it is the restaurant on the left if facing the water. Open 10am - 9pm for lunch and dinner. Open since 1991, on Av..Del Pacifico No.6 322-138-0175

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias
Recent Conversations