We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Beach Restaurants

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Beach Restaurants

For those of you who have had the pleasure of dining in Bucerias, what restaurants are your favorite for low-key fresh seafood or mexican food?

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Beach Restaurants

My favorites are Mar y Sol and El Gordo. They are both on the beach in Bucerias.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,188 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Beach Restaurants

Our favorites are El Brujo and Aduatos, also both on the beach.

calgary
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Beach Restaurants

El Gordos is a great place. The shrimp stuffed with cheese wrapped in bacon is awesome and so are all the staff there.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,799 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Beach Restaurants

El Gordo (Fat Boys) is right at the start of the flea market. You can sit in the open air restaurant or under cover down on the sand. Excellent gaucamole and very good big margaritas too.

Very reasonable priced too.

Edited: 18 June 2011, 19:16
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Beach Restaurants

Wow shrimp, bacon and cheese! I think those might be my 3 favorite foods! Stonekold123, do you happen to know how far el gordo is from villa la estancia?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Beach Restaurants

Hi Lolos....from Villa L'Estancia it is approximately a 30-40 minute walk, dependent on how fast you walk. Personally, my favourite for happy hour is Mar Y Sol. Hope this helps and have a great trip :)

TC

Edited: 19 June 2011, 05:37
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,188 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Beach Restaurants

FYI most of the beach restaurants serve the stuffed shrimp with cheese wrapped in bacon....we have had it many times at El Brujo, so just pick any beach front restaurant in Bucerias and you can't go wrong (just avoid Adriano's the first orange coloured one).

calgary
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Beach Restaurants

Everyone has thier personal favorites. Mine is El Gordos aka Fatboys.I eat there at least 2 times a week when Iam there in the summer time. Yes try out all the places you can and find your own fave.Everyone is so friendly and accomadating.

Oregon
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite Beach Restaurants

I got a recommendation from an excellent local chef in my hometown for Dugarels Plays on the beach in Bucerias. We tried it last time and will go back on this trip as well. Its towards the north end of the restaurants along the beach in Bucerias. Great view, good service, and delicious food. So relaxing!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite Beach Restaurants

WanderingBeka, do you think that it's possible to walk there from Villa La Estancia or would you recommend a taxi?

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias