We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a question about the food at the RDC

Kitimat, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
a question about the food at the RDC

I already posted this under PV forum sort of. I have an allergy to almonds is there any food that is served at the Royal Decameron that I should avoid? I don't want a migraine on my holiday.

Thanks

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a question about the food at the RDC

I don't remember anything during our stay. May want to ask the chef at eat restaurant to be safe. RDC was good time! Enjoy!

Stan

Prince George...
Level Contributor
754 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a question about the food at the RDC

another good thing to do when you have food allergies is get it written out in spanish to show the servers at the resturaunts and they will be able to steer you away from anything that may have that in it. i do know that there is some deserts that had almonds on it and in the morning there was a danish type thing that looked like almonds could have been walnuts but you should write it in spanish just as a help to the servers

Kitimat, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a question about the food at the RDC

thanks thats a good idea.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
8,779 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a question about the food at the RDC

I answered on your other post but possibly mole. As stated, a good idea is to mention it at check in and then ask to talk to a chef.

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a question about the food at the RDC

CandyCat's suggestion is a great one, carry the note with you and when you're not sure, just present it. I know there are drinks with some sort of almond something in them...also at lunch they put out a lot of different styled little cookies and a lot of them have a general taste of almond about them, even when they look like shortbread, they are not. Take care and have a great and safe trip!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: a question about the food at the RDC

Excellent suggestion from CandyCat. I've written a simple text below, duly translated by a flawed Google machine! If you think it will work for you, you're welcome to it.

Hello! My name is _____________. I am very allergic to nuts. Please check with the kitchen to make sure there are no nuts in my food. Thank you.

BEGIN GOOGLE TRANSLATION

Hola! Mi nombre es _____________. Yo soy muy alérgico a las nueces. Por favor, consulte con la cocina para asegurarse de que no hay frutos secos en la comida. Gracias.

END GOOGLE TRANSLATION

Hmmmm. The translation machine obviously needs oiling! The above is the exact translation it came up with--but "frutos secos" obviously means "dried fruit"! So substitute "nueces" for "frutos secos" and you should be OK.

Edited: 27 August 2011, 07:50
Kitimat, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: a question about the food at the RDC

Thanks so much Moonfroth. thats perfect!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: a question about the food at the RDC

Nuez (plural is nueces) is a word that means nut, but is commonly used to describe a walnut specifically.

If there are specific nuts you are allergic to, be sure your note lists them by name. Almond is almendra.

It pays to be extra careful!

Edited: 27 August 2011, 23:37
Kitimat, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: a question about the food at the RDC

good point sioux4noff. Thank you

prince george
Level Contributor
111 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: a question about the food at the RDC

My wife has severe allergies to citrus. We went to the office in building #4 next to the desk where you book your ala carte restaurants. They made us up a plasticised, wallet sized card listing all of her allergies in Spanish. Whenever we showed up at the ala cartes or the buffets she showed them the card and had no problems. The card came in handy off the resort as well. I can't say enough about the staff. They always went out of their way to make sure that she had enough to eat, even if it meant making her a seperate fish fillet with no lemon or a chicken breast with no lime, etc.

Edited: 02 September 2011, 07:26
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias
Recent Conversations