We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pirate ship cruise

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bend, OR
Level Contributor
350 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
pirate ship cruise

Do you recommend taking sea sickness pills to go on this tour? I took dramamine when we did a whale watching tour out of Punta de Mita and was glad that I did.

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,750 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pirate ship cruise

When I went on it last winter, I took a dramamine due to a bad experience years before. Can't hurt. Have a great time; I loved the trip!

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
453 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pirate ship cruise

I do get seasick, but have never had a problem on the pirate ship. I've been several times and it's always been very calm.

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: pirate ship cruise

Our family went in January & all four of us didn't feel so good and there were several other's not well. It was a good thing I packed the Gravol! I would make sure that you have it on your when you go on the ship just in case.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,475 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pirate ship cruise

I would definitely take seasickness pills. One time I didn't and was fine until we had dinner in the gulley. After that....YUCK did I feel terrible!!! (it wasn't the food it was seasickness). It is an excellent tour!

Have a great time!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pirate ship cruise

Yes, its the eating below deck that got me too. Take the gravol with you at least. It makes some people really sleepy which would not be good either, but if you handle it well, just take it before you go.

Grande Prairie...
Level Contributor
363 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: pirate ship cruise

Our family too got "done" in by the meal:(

We took the non-drowsy gravol made out of ginger.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pirate ship cruise

If you have any concerns about getting seasick, take the pills. I usually don't have a major problem as long as the boat is moving but had a horrible bout of seasickness in May on the Rythms of the Night excursion going across the Bay. I have done that trip a handful of times without a problem except for this last time. Don't chance it. Seasickness can ruin your vacation time! Thanks for the info on eating in the galley on the Pirate Ship. I couldn't do that LOL

Alberta
Level Contributor
325 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pirate ship cruise

I get seasick and I had to take Gravol.

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
350 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: pirate ship cruise

I have never heard of gravol. I will have to look for it. I took dramamine for the whale tour and it wiped me out. I was fine on the tour but as soon as I was back on land I slept for hours. I guess it wouldn't be bad since the tour is at night and it wouldn't ruin my whole day by making me sleep the day away.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pirate ship cruise

There is a patch you put behind your ear called Scopalamine. I'm allergic to Gravol. The patch worked awesome. It doesn't make you drowsy. You do have to ask pharmacist for it.

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias