We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to book RDC without airfare?

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to book RDC without airfare?

Hi, we are able to use air miles to go to Puerto Vallarta so we don't need a full package. Anyone know the best way to book the RDC for a week without the airfare part of a package deal? Really hoping to stay at the RDC since several friends have told us great things about it!

Delta, BC
Level Contributor
490 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to book RDC without airfare?

Don't know if it's the "best" way, but have you tried expedia.ca?

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to book RDC without airfare?

Try contacting bbowers@intlresorts.com. he will help point you in the right direction. He answers his emails pretty promptly too. Good Luck.

prince george
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to book RDC without airfare?

We went to RDC last year and had a bit of trouble finding it on sites like Expedia, Red Tag, etc.. We have a direct flight from here with Westjet and Westjet Vacations didn't have RDC on their list of hotels either. They seem to be kinda off the grid. We finally found it on the BCAA site. bcaa.com>travel>hotels>riviera nayarit.

BC
Level Contributor
325 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to book RDC without airfare?

I am not sure if this works for RDC but when we stayed at Dreams in PV a few years ago we used points from our Visa and they just deducted the max amount from the total which worked out great......maybe check with the airmiles and see if they can do something like that. We just choose a package booked through them and they deducted the amount. I have found that RDC is hard to find as well......hope this helps!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to book RDC without airfare?

Nolitours

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
652 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to book RDC without airfare?

The cheapest site that I have found was funjet, who I have used to book RDC seperately for the last 2 years.

Prince George...
Level Contributor
755 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to book RDC without airfare?

nolitours does not sell just the hotel they are simply a tour package with rdc, you can book hotel only with expedia, redtag, funjet, or with the decameron.com site but it appears they are the same price as expedia one other thing to note if you do book hotel only with expedia you will at least have a tour rep for expedia onsite, but you will have to provide your own transportation to the hotel from the airport and back hope that helps

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to book RDC without airfare?

Thanks a bunch for all the suggestions. I have e-mailed bbowers and hopefully he will have the solution. Is it easy to get a cab from the airport to the RDC? Is there a specific company we shouldlook for? Once again thanks for your help!

Prince George...
Level Contributor
755 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to book RDC without airfare?

Delsii,

it is very easy to grab a cab from the airport, there will be two taxi booths right before you walk outside to the parking lot when where you thinking of going to the rdc

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
37 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to book RDC without airfare?

Thanks for the info! We are hoping to go October 7th.

Get answers to your questions about Bucerias