We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping Cleaning People

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg Manitoba
Level Contributor
119 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping Cleaning People

What's the proper way/time to tip the hotel cleaning people? At the end of our stay? Every day? How much is acceptable?

thanks!

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Tipping Cleaning People

I think most maids work the same area but have a day off one week and maybe 2 the next. Last time I was there I saw the maid from bldg 1 and they do remember you. I am getting my tipping $$ next week and I still think 20 pesos is ok on the pillow. Try to connect with your maid at some point. I have 3 friends there now , a waiter Alejandro, a porter Jose and the pool guy think his name was Juan. Tip yes but say hello and try to engage them as ordinary people

Medicine Hat, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Tipping Cleaning People

I found that leaving 20 pesos on the pillow each day for the Housekeeping Staff was greatly appeciated. They work hard and deserve a daily tip for their efforts.

Coon Rapids...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Tipping Cleaning People

I usually tip 20 to 30 pesos each day, and top that off with some sweets. My wife will buy small fun size candy bars and put them with the pesos and a note that says ' gracias"

14. Re: Tipping Cleaning People

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Bucerias