We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to meet, Eh?

Which Bucerias hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta
Level Contributor
341 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Where to meet, Eh?

Just wondering if there is anywhere the Cdn's who live in Bucerias meet, say on Sat or Sun. We're thinking of maybe going down for a winter and it would be nice to talk with people who actually live there.We are arriving early March and staying till 20th.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
953 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to meet, Eh?

Lors..... where is your will and strength to...so.... say....no gracias.....lol...

good for Sioux!!................

12 sleeps

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
992 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to meet, Eh?

We stayed in Bucerias for the month of Feb. last year & met several people from Saskatchewan & Quebec. And low & behold while at the Mega store one day we met a couple from our home town in Ontario & they were with some other couples who stay the winter there. Sorry I can't advise a nightly "meet" place as we were on our own. There is a popular place on the beach as someone mentioned-Karen's. There are bars downtown by the square that I'm sure are busy at night.

We met more Canadians last year than Americans, for some reason. We've made plans to meet up with 2 couples from Wisconsin who we met 2 yrs. ago. Great to see our "winter friends".

Hope you get some info from "those in the know!" Have a wonderful time! We're heading to Sayulita for Feb. this year!

Riviera Nayarit...
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,674 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to meet, Eh?

AlbertaLovetravel and others, I plan to arrive in Bucerias during the first week of March and I'll probably be staying for a few months. Send me a PM if you'd like to meet up for coffee or a drink. Would be happy to give you any info that I can about the area.

Edited: 24 January 2012, 03:34
Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to meet, Eh?

Albertalovetotravel. YoYo Mo's pizza and sports bar or the Drunken Duck are places that many ex-pats go to. You can go there on any day of the week, sit up at the bar, and talk to people who live here. Another option is to go to one of the Amigo de Bucerias breakfast meetings. They are held on the first Saturday of every month at Ixta restaurant on L. Cardenas.

Have a great trip!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Where to meet, Eh?

nayarit - my good friend is presently in Bucerias-they are there for two months-lucky I know-but she has emailed me regarding rentals for next season, meaning 2013 for probably 2 months.

I have suggested heading to the M & G at Fatboys on Feb 7th-to meet others staying in condos etc. I am wondering if the Breakfast meetings at Ixta's on the 1st Saturday of each month might be a good plan for 'networking' the condo situation.

See you soon-sort of :)

Edited: 29 January 2012, 22:18
Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,448 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Where to meet, Eh?

Decklover,

I actually am not going to be able to make the M&G on the 7th. My sister and bro-in-law are coming down and we will be busy that day now. You can send her my email if you want to and I'll see if we can help them out for rentals next year.

The breakfast meeting at Ixta's on the 1st saturday of the month is a great way to meet people, however, condo rentals really aren't on the agenda for these meetings.

see you soonish.

17. Re: Where to meet, Eh?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2013, 10:35