We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Traveling Band

St. Paul, Mn
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
The Traveling Band

Had a ball with these guys last year at Joe Crows. Does anyone know if they still play at the Drunken Duck? and if so when? Last year they played on Sunday afternoons. How far is LaPaz from Bucerias - I heard they may be playing there. Any info in this fun duo would be appreciated. I will be there March 9-16.

prince george
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Traveling Band

We ran into the Travelling Band while we were there in December. They were playing as a part of the house band at Philo's in La Cruz. La Cruz is about a 5-10 minute cab ride from Bucerias centro. I asked Alesandra why they no longer played at the Drunken Duck (formerly Joe Crow's) and she said they had a falling out with them. They seemed to fit in well with Philo's band.

I believe that they play on Thurs, Fri and Sat nights. We showed up there on a Saturday night and just squeezed in. A reservation might be a goog idea.

Enjoy.

St. Paul, Mn
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The Traveling Band

Great info, thanks castaway. We look forward to seeing them again.

Calgary
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Traveling Band

We too saw Travelling Band at JOe Croes last year.

I bought their CD and I am still listening to it. Will definately check thenm out in March. Also love the Pacific Rock Company, are they still around?

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Traveling Band

Pacific Rock Company plays at the Drunken Duck on Sundays.

St. Paul, Mn
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Traveling Band

what kind of music does the Pacific Rock Company play?

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
817 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Traveling Band

I LOVE the Travelling Band! Last year at Joe Crows I was bouncing in my seat to them and somehow a Mexican gentleman and I ended up doing a little jive. He didn't speak English but came over to my husband after to show his respect for me. (Hubby wasn't worried anyway!) I will seek them out in April.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Traveling Band

The Pacific rock company also plays on Tuesday nights. They play a wide variety of rock music. Lately, there has been a fellow playing the violin with them. It is AWESOME!

Kelowna British...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Traveling Band

The Travelling Band (Ajim & Allesandra) play with the Mexican Shuffle Band at Philo's on Saturday & Sunday nights. Philo accepts reservations, but you must be at your table by 7pm or they give it away.

The violinist is Gio. He's from Nanaimo BC and he's been sitting in with lots of bands locally. Deep River plays the Drunken Duck on Wednesdays and Sundays and he often sits in with them. I'm not sure when he's going home. This is very accurate information because my husband plays the sax with all these bands and we are friends with the musicians.

Enjoy the music and don't forget to give the musicians propina (tips)!.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
10,122 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Traveling Band

Small correction about Philo's Bar in La Cruz: The Mexican Shuffle Band plays on Thurs., Fri. and Sat. nights only, not on Sundays. The place is usually closed on Sundays except for special days like Easter or dinners that are held to benefit local charitable causes.

It's one of my favorite places in the area. Great ambiance, food, service, drinks and entertainment. I've been going there regularly for over 10 years and I've never had to make a reservation. Maybe I've just been lucky in the past, though.

prince george
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Traveling Band

Right you are Elena...Thu, Fri and Sat nights. As for reservations, we showed up around 7pm and they told us that we would have been best to make a reservation on a Thu, Fri, or Sat night. They did fit us in, but it was pretty much packed in there when we got there. If you are a regular like Elena you probably have nothing to worry about...lol. I agree, the ambiance, music and food is great. Try the ribs, they are awesome.