We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RDC Block 4 Noise

bc
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
RDC Block 4 Noise

We have been told that Block 4at the RDC is extremely noisy all night due to delivery trucks driving down the back road.

Any comments

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
185 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: RDC Block 4 Noise

Trucks didnt bother me, it was the disco on one side and bar by the lobby on the other, oh ya forgot to mention the bar across the street. Well i stayed two days in block 4, just for 2 days. So yes very loud and moved to block 5. Other then that it was great

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RDC Block 4 Noise

I disagree except for odd wedding it is the best location. Block1 is noisy due to activity centre. Block 5 I heard is noisy. I stayed in 4 last year and requested same room next time which is next week

Milford Michigan
Level Contributor
821 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RDC Block 4 Noise

We have stayed at the RDC 4 times and each time, stayed in Block 4. I never noticed any delivery truck noises. There is, however, an establishment next door to Block 4 that, about once a week, has music going on and you can hear people "conversating". On the outside of the building, it has the initials, IPF or IFP, or something like that. Next time we are at the RDC, I need to ask what that place is. Anyway, it hasn't interrupted my beauty sleep and I believe the party winds up around midnight. Block 4 has become quite popular with guests. We met 6 couples last November that specifically request Block 4. Guess the cat is out of the bag.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
341 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RDC Block 4 Noise

We personally like all the blocks we've stayed in, 1, 4, and twice in 5. To be honest block 1 rooms are the oldest a bit musty until you get your patio open, but ithe view and waves is awesome, I loved 4, pretty much center of everything, near bar 3 and beach which is great. the noise didn't bother me at all, but hubby did say he heard trucks and activity at that club or building behind 4. Love love block 5, near the adult pool and enjoy pool 6 alot, I could hear the disco a bit from there, but big deal, I'm no vacation no set bed time or alarm set. like I said haven't found a bad block yet....

Bucerias, Mexico
Level Contributor
136 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RDC Block 4 Noise

I think "that building" on the other side of Block 4 that posters are talking about is the D.I.F. (Department of Infants and Families). Once in a blue moon they may have a party for the kids or families, but it's not a regular occurrence. I can understand that there may be delivery trucks from time to time, but they would be mainly in the daytime. Remember that Mexicans, for the most part, tend to run their cars and trucks until they just don't run any more. Therefore, a small car often sounds like a truck, especially on cobblestones :) What you hear at night may be simply a DIF worker coming back to base after a dinner out.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
142 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RDC Block 4 Noise

We stayed in block 4 last November, ground floor, rm 4119 I think. It was a perfect location, and not noisy at all

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
267 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RDC Block 4 Noise

We found building 3 a bit noisy in the mornings as staff and vehicles used the road between buildings 3 & 4 to get to the Tropical restaurant. I'd assume the same noise for building 4.

All depends on the room location in the different buildings and how light and late a sleeper you are.

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RDC Block 4 Noise

i stayed in block one last year, gong back at the end of july, looking for a different block to stay in due to cost factor, is block 4 the best, did you stay the closet to the beach, if not what number would that be thanks

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: RDC Block 4 Noise

We just got back and had room 5342 very quite in block 5.

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RDC Block 4 Noise

thanks twolaws807, did you find that it was too far from things, like the beach, any other tips for a bcer,